Fall 2018 Quantitative Psychology PhD Applicants

Guys. This application season is almost at the end for me. I applied to 11 programs, got 6 acceptances and 3 rejections so far. I withdrew one of my applications because they wanted to accept me into their masters program. I'm still waiting for the last program. It's been a very successful app season for me. 

It was not last year. I applied to 13 clinical psych programs and got 13 rejections.

I took GRE five times (including a psych GRE) and TOEFL four times. I just don't give up. I keep working on myself.

I just wanted to say that if you didn't get into your dream program this cycle, try it again. Learn to deal with rejections and frustrations. Re-evaluate your strengths, weaknesses, whether you are a great fit for the programs you applied to, and then get back on your horse and keep on moving forward. Never give up if being a PhD is your dream.

This is my third app cycle (I got into a masters program in the first cycle) and I finally made it this time, because I've learned many things from my failures and I never, ever give up.

I wish you all the best and hope we can keep in contact!

Edited by wnk4242

On 2/10/2018 at 9:48 AM, wnk4242 said:

Guys. This application season is almost at the end for me. I applied to 11 programs, got 6 acceptances and 3 rejections so far. I withdrew one of my applications because they wanted to accept me into their masters program. I'm still waiting for the last program. It's been a very successful app season for me. 

It was not last year. I applied to 13 clinical psych programs and got 13 rejections.

I took GRE five times (including a psych GRE) and TOEFL four times. I just don't give up. I keep working on myself.

I just wanted to say that if you didn't get into your dream program this cycle, try it again. Learn to deal with rejections and frustrations. Re-evaluate your strengths, weaknesses, whether you are a great fit for the programs you applied to, and then get back on your horse and keep on moving forward. Never give up if being a PhD is your dream.

This is my third app cycle (I got into a masters program in the first cycle) and I finally made it this time, because I've learned many things from my failures and I never, ever give up.

I wish you all the best and hope we can keep in contact!

Nice and congrats. I am sure it was hard-won and totally worth it. Looking forward to hearing about your decision as well!