Oxford University 2017 Entry MPP Applicants?

Marqueetim

1 hour ago, Jorge Barrera said:

"Ready for assessment in January Deadline :
Your application can be or has been considered by the relevant academic department. The Graduate Admissions websiteprovides further information on the graduate admissions timetable and process"

They read my application... Know that and need to wait is the worst part

Same here bro, you are not alone! :D As my application was for the March deadline, i don't expect to hear from them before mid-April. SPRING IS COMING

On 3/9/2017 at 5:33 PM, bobcat2016 said:

Can't wait either!! Just heard back from Harvard Kennedy School yesterday - accepted for MPP! Definitely makes the wait less stressful - less than 9 days left! 

Are you a gifted student? Graduating from university at the age of 19 is remarkable! Well done! You must be a genius lol. What was your cGPA if you don't mind me asking? 

Hi, all: I, too, was rejected this year. In fact, I was rejected two years in a row. But failure does not mean defeat :) For all those that did not get in, keep your head up high.

I was, however, accepted at the University of Cambridge for the MPhil in Public Policy. Does anyone have any feedback to offer on that program? Of course it's a great university, but the program is still in its early days (launched in 2013) and I hear it is under-resourced relative to other MPP programs, such as Blavatnik. But it's a much smaller class size than Oxford (25 vs. 120), which is a plus. I would love to hear any thoughts on the Cambridge MPP!

Edited by Labreche

8 minutes ago, Labreche said:

Hi, all: I, too, was rejected this year. In fact, I was rejected two years in a row. But failure does not mean defeat :) For all those that did not get in, keep your head up high.

I was, however, accepted at the University of Cambridge for the MPhil in Public Policy. Does anyone have any feedback to offer on that program? Of course it's a great university, but the program is still in its early days (launched in 2013) and I hear it is under-resourced relative to other MPP programs, such as Blavatnik. But it's a much smaller class size than Oxford (25 vs. 120), which is a plus. I would love to hear any thoughts on the Cambridge MPP!

Not again! I remember reading your posts from last year... This is unfortunate to say the least. Good luck at Cambridge! 

35 minutes ago, Boabdil said:

Not again! I remember reading your posts from last year... This is unfortunate to say the least. Good luck at Cambridge! 

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, Boabdil - appreciated!

2 hours ago, Labreche said:

WOW, congrats for your offer at Cambridge! Seems like your destiny was going there instead of Oxford. I am also not so bummed because I got into Columbia SIPA and LSE, for MPA programs. For MPP I got into UCL and King's College, but now I am suffering because of financial support. Congrats again to you, and to Jorge, and anyone else who got in. To the ones that do not make it, ir Is because there is something better waiting for you!!! 

3 hours ago, ROCIOEMH said:

WOW, congrats for your offer at Cambridge! Seems like your destiny was going there instead of Oxford. I am also not so bummed because I got into Columbia SIPA and LSE, for MPA programs. For MPP I got into UCL and King's College, but now I am suffering because of financial support. Congrats again to you, and to Jorge, and anyone else who got in. To the ones that do not make it, ir Is because there is something better waiting for you!!! 

Congrats on your offers at Columbia and LSE - both excellent options! I also got in to the MSc in Public Policy at UCL last year, but I deferred because it was more based on theory than practice. I already have an MA and 8 years of work experience, so I'm looking specifically for a practice-oriented programme.

What have you heard about the Cambridge MPP - anything?

Edited by Labreche

Thanks Rocio and Labreche! It's sad to hear about your rejections, but at the same time you have very good options! You need to be happy for it! For example ,in my case, I was rejected for the LSE MPA program. Each program is different and I think they are looking for different backgrounds and perspectives, Be rejected for school programs is a part of the entire application process, that is the reason because we apply to several programs in different universities

Best luck for all guys! and thanks again!

JB

20 hours ago, ROCIOEMH said:

Congratulations on your acceptances! I was also rejected from Oxford, but I was just accepted into LSE's MPA program. I'm also concerned about the funding for the program....it's definitely a pricey one!

• 1 year later...
On 3/16/2017 at 8:50 AM, Jorge Barrera said:

Check your emails! I have been admitted!. Good luck guys!

Hey Guys, a question from a new applicant. Is it normal that I haven´t received an answer after the 16th (according to their acknowledgement email I was supposed to receive an answer by last Friday)...