Yale MFA Photography Interview

curiouscollegestudent

Hello Everyone,

Not sure if this will get out there to anyone, but I am posting in hopes to gain some information or advice for the Yale School of Art MFA Photography department interview. I have an interview for their Photography Graduate program next week and I am just looking for any helpful suggestions or advice anyone is willing to give, as this is my first grad school interview and I am not quite sure what to expect or how the dynamic of the interview is orchestrated. If anyone can help or can recommend someone to talk to, I will be forever grateful. 

Thank you guys!

Going to have the interview for Yale photo next week too, just flew to U.S, super nervous. I heard they threw out questions like "what's your favorite music style" during the interview... Not very formal, and definitely not something that can be prepared for:( I guess try to know as much as possible about their faculty and 1st-year grads will be helpful, also prepare good questions.

Anyway, good luck!!!!!!!

Wow, that's so exciting! I am happy to hear it is not very formal actually, the more relaxed the better in my opinion. I definitely have looked at first year students work and feel prepared to ask them more questions than the faculty so far. I think the best thing for us to do is relax and not get overwhelmed. We are going to do great, don't be nervous! Easier said then done, I know. Send me a message or something and maybe we can meet up for a celebratory drink after we complete the interview! Good luck!!!

• 3 years later...

Hi, how did your interview with YALE go? I am applying to MFA Photography programs this year and I am receiving interview invitations. Could you share some of the experience or any helpful tips? Wish you all the best! 

21 hours ago, ccinstar said:

Hi, how did your interview with YALE go? I am applying to MFA Photography programs this year and I am receiving interview invitations. Could you share some of the experience or any helpful tips? Wish you all the best! 

You have already heard back from Yale? Didnt they say first week of feb?

5 minutes ago, artist wannabe said:

You have already heard back from Yale? Didnt they say first week of feb?

I haven't heard back from them but I have heard back from other schools. All the interviews won't take place until Feb this year. For now I am just looking for general tips for interview.