Deposit to Secure spot..

AllisonAL

I was accepted into NYU MSW program, a mere two weeks after I submitted my application. NYU only gave me 4 weeks to accept or decline the offer. They ask for a non-refundable deposit of $300. I am still waiting to hear back from every single other school I've applied to. Can I pay the deposit, and later, perhaps, decide to go elsewhere? Will other schools know of my acceptance? 

16 hours ago, AllisonAL said:

I was accepted into NYU MSW program, a mere two weeks after I submitted my application. NYU only gave me 4 weeks to accept or decline the offer. They ask for a non-refundable deposit of $300. I am still waiting to hear back from every single other school I've applied to. Can I pay the deposit, and later, perhaps, decide to go elsewhere? Will other schools know of my acceptance? 

When George Mason accepted me I gave a call to my first choice school asking them if they might be able to let me know sooner than later because I needed to let GMU know my decision. They were fantastic and got back to me after the holiday weekend with my acceptance. I was scared to ask at first but then figured I needed to make some choices. I think that schools know this about us and are quite gracious when they are able to. I encourage you to call your first choice school and just ask.

Good luck!