Louisiana Schools

1 hour ago, NOLAspeech said:

good!!! I Got in!!! :) sorry should have clarified!!!

I just got the e-mail too!!!!!  The woman on the phone just mentioned the letters, so glad to get an e-mail heads up.  I got in too :-D   

Now for the tough decisions ... LSUHSC is probably my top choice but I just wish they didn't start so soon!

Just got a rejection letter from LA Tech today.  I never got asked for an interview for LSUHSC, so I already know that's not looking good.  But, it's okay, I got 4 more schools to hear from!  congrats to those who got in! 

39 minutes ago, edardi1 said:

Just got a rejection letter from LA Tech today.  I never got asked for an interview for LSUHSC, so I already know that's not looking good.  But, it's okay, I got 4 more schools to hear from!  congrats to those who got in! 

Good luck!!  I'm rooting for you :-)

Honestly, I don't think that was the real reason.  If it really was the case, they would have told her, or at least would have contacted her several times before the due date if they had anything missing.  They emailed me several times when one of my recs hadn't arrived yet.  

On 3/9/2017 at 1:56 PM, NOLAspeech said:

good!!! I Got in!!! :) sorry should have clarified!!!

Congratulations!!!! Just now seeing this haha

21 hours ago, Chai Tea Latte said:

The reason was "Program no longer has openings"

I asked Dr. Heiman specifically, and she had the same response.

I go to Tech for undergrad and there was a decent amount of our students that were wait listed/rejected. Some of the people that were rejected were kind of shocking. I'm not really sure what they looked at when considering at applicants. 

On 3/10/2017 at 1:20 PM, Chai Tea Latte said:

The reason was "Program no longer has openings"

I asked Dr. Heiman specifically, and she had the same response.

Seems like LATech had some odd standards this year.  Sorry to hear about that.  Good luck with everything else though!

25 minutes ago, futureslp123 said:

LSU BR released their letters March 13, they typically accept 50/50 current undergrads and outsiders. LSUHSC also has released their acceptances, they accept low GRE

The "Low GRE" thing is very untrue.  They're minimum requirement is a 296, and not meeting that was the exact reason why I was rejected last year.  

Hey! I heard back from LSU Baton Rouge today and got accepted! We have to respond by March 31. I am sort of freaking out because I have been wait listed to every other school I applied to. I am from SC so I will have to pay out of state tuition if I decide to go. Can anyone give me some reviews on this program??

On 2/22/2017 at 4:07 PM, Speechiekeeen said:

Does anyone have info on when we should hear back from schools in LA? Or heard anything yet?

Yeah I heard back from LSU today and was accepted! They sent the letters out 3/13

5 hours ago, futureslp123 said:

LSU BR released their letters March 13, they typically accept 50/50 current undergrads and outsiders. LSUHSC also has released their acceptances, they accept low GRE

I would say that they accept lower (296) GRE for applicants who are strong in other areas.  For the record, LSU Baton Rouge accepted those with lower GRE than LSUHSC did; they are both just looking for certain things in their applicants. 

1 hour ago, CajunSLP18 said:

I know at least one person who just got an acceptance letter (via email) from UL just now. 

I called UL and they told me they were not sending out acceptance letters until the end of the week and rejections until next week?

18 minutes ago, CajunSLP18 said:

lol a girl in my class got a acceptance letter today at lunch. Apparently, they send acceptances one by one. 

Oh wow! Okay thanks. Do you know about how many applicants they accept?

On 3/17/2017 at 6:47 PM, edardi1 said:

The "Low GRE" thing is very untrue.  They're minimum requirement is a 296, and not meeting that was the exact reason why I was rejected last year.  

Sorry to hear that. In my mind "low" GRE = 296-299. I should've been more specific! This is very low compared to the  majority of schools in the country who atleast want 50th-55 percentile