wateryeyes Posted February 24, 2017 Share Posted February 24, 2017 Hello all! I had applied to the MASt in Pure Mathematics (Part III) at Cambridge in December 2016, and my application status had changed to 'Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies' last week. I am not too sure if this is a good or a bad sign, and what makes me more anxious is my TOEFL score. I received my TOEFL scores a few weeks back and was gutted to see that I received a score of 24/30 in speaking. Although I have a decent overall score of 112/120, Cambridge requires that all applicants have a minimum of 25 in each section. I would like to ask you all whether I should take the test again, or if Cambridge would be willing to make an exception as I have only marginally missed out on the minimum cutoff (I have not sent my scores to them yet). I have also heard that only IELTS scores are considered while applying for a UK visa. So if I must retake a language test, it makes sense to write the IELTS right? Secondly, how long does it usually take for the BoGS at Cambridge to make a decision for Part III applicants? It's been over a week in my case so I was wondering if the delay is due to the unavailability of my TOEFL scores. Also, I have not been interviewed yet. Should I expect to be interviewed and if so, what kind of questions would they ask and how should I prepare? Thanks a lot for your time!! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now