CCA

Yale

Bard

Hunter

SAIC

UCLA

Royal College of Art (UK)

Penn State

Felt a little like barfing post-interview. Applied to grad schools right after BFA a few years ago to a few schools with no luck - hoping for some bites this time. Reading these posts for last year was really helpful for me through the app process so here's my small contribution. Good luck to everyone!

My wife got an invitation to interview at AIC (letter in the mail on 4/4) for the mfa fibers program. I applied for AIC painting and did'nt get a letter the exact same day, so I'm worried. She also got an interview at cal state LA for sculpture, they are doing it on skype because we live in Seattle.

So my wife got a letter to interview for SAIC and I have not gotten a rejection letter, does that mean there might still be a chance for me? Do all the letters come at the same time? Maybe they're thinking of wait listing me?

So my wife got a letter to interview for SAIC and I have not gotten a rejection letter, does that mean there might still be a chance for me? Do all the letters come at the same time? Maybe they're thinking of wait listing me?

Congrats to your wife! What discipline are you and your wife applying for? I imagine Painting/Drawing tends to take longer than the other majors. I wouldn't count yourself out this early, because even if they send two letters to the same house, one could get there before the other.

I would say at this early point, no news is good news. I *think* each individual department has their own way of reviewing portfolios, so the timing of the letters may just happen to correspond more with that than a school wide deadline. Keeping fingers crossed for you!

I haven't heard anything from anyone yet, other than RISD who needed me submit my application. I guess I will just wait and hope for the best.

Schools applied to:

Risd

VCU

Pratt

Hunter

SAIC

UW Madison

Berkeley

CCA

sunjingfang1

Rej: Northwestern, Yale (sculpture)

Two bad news before super bowl

Sorry for the bad news, How many schools did you apply to?

Accepted: UC Riverside, they called me Friday the 5th. Interview: Stanford, they called me today, Feb. 7th. Woohoo! Hope this helps anyone who has applied to these schools. These are 2 tiny programs and I haven't seen many posts on this site about them.

And because I am OCD, I just checked my Yale admissions file online and I am rejected. Oh well. No email was sent or anything. But the online letter was dated Feb. 5, so maybe I got to it before they could send me a notification.

And because I am OCD, I just checked my Yale admissions file online and I am rejected. Oh well. No email was sent or anything. But the online letter was dated Feb. 5, so maybe I got to it before they could send me a notification.

This prompted me to check mine and I was rejected as well. 3 more to go.

I haven't heard anything from anyone yet, other than RISD who needed me submit my application. I guess I will just wait and hope for the best.

Schools applied to:

Risd

VCU

Pratt

Hunter

SAIC

UW Madison

Berkeley

CCA

sunjingfang1

Rej: Northwestern, Yale (sculpture)

Two bad news before super bowl

Sorry for the bad news, How many schools did you apply to?

10 schools, UCLA,USC,YALE(rej),NW(rej),VCU,COLUMBIA. other three safe schools, but if I can't go my first six, I will go for one year residency abroad. Thanks for your reply, good luck for you.