2010 MFA Visual Arts admission replies and results

sunjingfang1

Hi,

Good Luck for your result.

I am new to this forum. Need help to write Why about universities?

E.g. Why UT Austin in particular?

Please help, if possible send me a sample.

Thanks,

JO

Just got the nod from SAIC painting/drawing in the mail today. Big, big, big relief after a long struggle. Here's how it's looking:

SAIC: Accepted (3/20)

UT Austin: Waitlisted (2/28)

Yale: Rejected (early Feb)

UCLA: Rejected (3/13)

RISD: TBD

MICA: TBD

Good luck to everyone, you're a great group.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Good Luck for your result.

I am new to this forum. Need help to write Why about universities?

E.g. Why UT Austin in particular?

Please help, if possible send me a sample.

Thanks,

JO

Hello!

I am new to this forum and looking for MFA UT 2011 fall program. As you mentioned that sent your applications and got selected in one. Could you please help me with the portfolio requirement. I have done my masters in different area and took art as a hobby, however, now I want to take it as a career.

Your help will be appreciated. Thanks!

-Jo

agarwal.jyoti05@gmail.com

• 5 months later...

I didn't qualify for a penny after filling out my FAFSA - apparently making $1300 in a whole year doesn't make me financially needy enough, not to mention basically it's an entire household on my mother's pitiful income of about $600 a month.

But right now, I'm enrolled in the MFA illustration program at Marywood. It's not too bad - definitely more challenging than undergrad, and I wanted to vomit my first semester doing life drawing for eight hours a day for the whole first week with a highly critical instructor. Nice man, but tough artist. I think the school is way, WAY too expensive, though...freaking $4700 for a four-day-long semester and that doesn't include travel, food, lodging, art supplies, museum admission (since we have to travel to big cities and visit at least two museums). For some reason, this master's takes twice as long as a normal one (from what I have been told). Four years, 60 credits, $50,000+, $500ish for a two-week meal plan during the on-campus semesters. I like the people there, but I hate the cost.

I don't even know how I got in since I don't think my portfolio is grad school material. I probably just barely made it in.

just got waitlisted for SVA (MFA painting), I got Into Parsons but SVA is my top choice, does anyone know how the process works?? I have to let Parsons know by April 15th, how long do you think I should wait to hear back from SVA?? I was told it is a pretty short waitlist but I don't wanna blow off Parsons on a hope that people will turn down their acceptance. Anyone have a similar situation??

i know this post is kind of old but I was wondering what ever happened with the wait list at SVA. I just got put on a wait list there as well I can't seem to find much information about the list.

any info would help thanks