Responses for 2017 Georgia Tech Psychology PhD?

mutualist007

I applied to the Cognitive Aging program (Psychology) at Georgia Tech for Fall 2017, but my status still says "under review". Should I just assume that all first drafts have been accepted and that I am either wait-listed or will receive a rejection letter via snail mail?

Many thanks!

Edited by fuzzylogician
Typo

11 hours ago, mutualist007 said:

I applied to the Cognitive Aging program (Psychology) at Georgia Tech for Fall 2017, but my status still says "under review". Should I just assume that all first drafts have been accepted and that I am either wait-listed or will receive a rejection letter via snail mail?

Many thanks!

Looking at the results page, I don't see any listings for your program or for anything related to Psychology at Georgia Tech. It might still be a little too early for some schools. You could always call the department to ask! Best of luck to you! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2017 at 3:06 AM, namarie said:

Looking at the results page, I don't see any listings for your program or for anything related to Psychology at Georgia Tech. It might still be a little too early for some schools. You could always call the department to ask! Best of luck to you! 

Thank you. I'm still checking the status updates and waiting. The status remains 'To Dept For Review'

• 3 weeks later...

Still checking for updates and still seeing "To Dept For Review". I emailed on March 23 and asked about status updates. The response: ... we are very late getting decision letters out this year. We accepted a very small number. You should receive your decision letter by email by tomorrow. 

Should I interpret that to mean that everyone who was accepted was already notified - rejection letters are forthcoming?

I have decided to accept that I've been completely rejected, but it's hard to completely accept that option when no updates are forthcoming.