Graduate programs combining anthropology, public health, infectious disease, humanitarianism

spoitier

I am researching graduate programs and am trying to find something that fits my growing interest in the field of humanitarianism, human rights, disaster response, etc. while also addressing my passion for anthropology and global public health. USF has an MA-or-PhD/MPH option combining these things, but I'm having some trouble finding many other universities that offer extensive training and education in all three areas. Another factor making this search a bit difficult for me is my interest in focusing on infectious diseases. Can anyone out there offer any advice in where else I could look? Thanks in advance!! 

I'm probably in a corner of the forums that I shouldn't be visiting, but have you considered the Biology and Society Ph.D. at ASU?

https://sols.asu.edu/degree-programs/biology-biology-and-society-phd

I'm unsure if it aligns with your more specific interests, but you might check it out.

You might want to check out the Notre Dame PhD program in Anthropology and Peace Studies (part of the Kroc Institute). For Medical Anthro in general, check out Hopkins and Berkeley.

Pretty sure Michigan State has some dual programs in anthro and also a social justice concentration. You might check out UCSF as well. Ilan Kelman does work on disaster so maybe see where he is or has been too.