In order to be considered for scholarships (graduate assistantships offered by the school and things of that sort), did you need to have submitted a FAFSA report? Or is that after you are admitted and then you submit the FAFSA to then receive funding? Is it too late to already send it in to be considered for funding?

I'm just a little confused...there was no indication on my application to send in FAFSA before the grad application deadline and some applications asked about tax info but I thought that was it....?

I'm in the same situation. I was accepted into a master program but was told I didn't qualify for funding, probably the scholarship I applied alongside the application. But not qualifying for funding does it mean I'm not going to get any financial assistance? Does that mean I have to pay full? I applied for FAFSA, so I'm not sure what to think now...

Also, to answer your question, some applications have separate grad assistant applications that you can fill out and submit to the schools. You can call the department and ask. I'll probably have to do the same thing. 

For my previous graduate program, we were fine as long as we filed before the June federal deadline. We needed FAFSA on record to have our fellowships disburse, but it didn't seem to be a requirement that we file before we were considered. At least I hope I'm interpreting this correctly. I haven't heard back regarding funding for the only program I've been accepted to, and it's making me quite nervous. From conversations with faculty, they didn't seem to intend to leave me unfunded, but it's hard to not worry when there's nothing in writing and when I have no other acceptances to turn to if this one falls through.

Edited by ThousandsHardships