working with on-campus clients, off-campus

Note: I know I posted this already, but I don't think I posted it in the correct forum. (Sorry I'm new to this site)

I am currently a grad student earning my hours at our on-campus clinic. A couple of weeks ago, my client's mom asked me if I can go to her house and work with her child when the semester is over, when the client is no longer my client. I guess I am just wondering if that is allowed? I'm not trying to get kicked out of my program or get in trouble by ASHA for working with my client on the side. I (obviously) do not have my license yet and I am not a licensed SLPA. 

3 minutes ago, futureslpinca3 said:

Note: I know I posted this already, but I don't think I posted it in the correct forum. (Sorry I'm new to this site)

I am currently a grad student earning my hours at our on-campus clinic. A couple of weeks ago, my client's mom asked me if I can go to her house and work with her child when the semester is over, when the client is no longer my client. I guess I am just wondering if that is allowed? I'm not trying to get kicked out of my program or get in trouble by ASHA for working with my client on the side. I (obviously) do not have my license yet and I am not a licensed SLPA. 

I would cover your bases and talk to your program. I am a SLPA in the state of CA working for a school. I have been asked a lot actually to work with my clients over the summer. I just talked to my boss about it and got the OK from her. It also depends what this parent wants you to do. I don't know if you can legally treat this child without an SLP present. 

46 minutes ago, futureslpinca3 said:

I definitely would not. If anyone found out I believe you can get in trouble with the board. You would need an SLP supervising you or at least checking in to make sure everything is going smoothly. 

I agree with everyone else, I wouldn't do this, you're not a licensed SLP or SLPA and you're able to work with the clients in the clinic because you're being supervised by a CCC-SLP.