Anyone else accepted to CBU??

I was so excited to be accepted to California Baptist University's SLP program on Tuesday!! Dr. Vickers notified me via phone call, and said an email will follow.  Anyone else who has been accepted and plans to attend, let me know!! :) 

My interview was on Friday 3/10. They said they would let us know by Friday 3/17, and I got my phone call on Tuesday 3/14. I think they make calls in waves, though!

Congratulations! I also received a phone call on Tuesday from Dr. Vickers. For being pretty new, it seems like a great program! I do have a few other schools to choose from so I'm not sure where I'm accepting just yet. 

17 hours ago, slp2beeplz said:

Congratulations! I also received a phone call on Tuesday from Dr. Vickers. For being pretty new, it seems like a great program! I do have a few other schools to choose from so I'm not sure where I'm accepting just yet. 

Congratulations!! Have you received the email yet? I haven't gotten it yet, and I'm starting to think I might have imagined my phone call from Dr. Vickers, hahah.

10 hours ago, Jessie54 said:

Congratulations!! Have you received the email yet? I haven't gotten it yet, and I'm starting to think I might have imagined my phone call from Dr. Vickers, hahah.

I have not received the email yet, but possibly this coming week. It's definitely not a dream, but it must feel like it! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Did you all receive an email from the school? Is the deposit really $500 and it is due on the 4th instead of the 15th?

This is super frustrating since I got waitlisted at my first choice school and their deposit is not due till the 15th, which means that I will not hear back from them till then. But I would have to pay the deposit for CBU just in case since it's due earlier... Why is the deposit crazy expensive??

8 hours ago, wldnjwid said:

Did you all receive an email from the school? Is the deposit really $500 and it is due on the 4th instead of the 15th?

This is super frustrating since I got waitlisted at my first choice school and their deposit is not due till the 15th, which means that I will not hear back from them till then. But I would have to pay the deposit for CBU just in case since it's due earlier... Why is the deposit crazy expensive??

I received the email about the $500 deposit and assumed it is because the university is private. Maybe try contacting them to find out if you can have until the 15th to pay? I have no idea if that's even an option, but I don't see why they are giving the 4th as opposed to the 15th like most other programs. That sounds very frustrating :(  I hope it works out. 

On 3/29/2017 at 0:27 AM, wldnjwid said:

Technically they "shouldn't" ask for a deposit until the 15th. It's the universal deadline. I am sure if you asked they would give you an extension. 

Hi.  This is Stephanie in CBU Graduate Admissions.  We based the deadline on two weeks from the time students were notified they were accepted, as we do with some other programs.  I discovered later that there in a collective SLP date of April 15.  We will happily extend the deadline until then.  Just let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got accepted off the waitlist!!! I'm still waiting for my e-mail from admissions though. I'm also waiting to hear from one more program but it looks like I will be accepting :)

I noticed you're also from Temecula @Jessie54 will you be commuting? 

Edited by Nicole928

• 9 months later...