Waiting on New York Schools

Is anyone still waiting on schools in New York? I can't wait to hear back from Ithaca College and Columbia Teacher's College. I have seen a lot of people post that they've heard back already from Ithaca from the past couple weeks so I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing for me. Best of luck to everyone! 

I stalked the results page for a few years back, and every year TC has released decisions before or during spring break. They are on spring break right now so it has been driving me insane that we are not hearing anything! According to their academic calendar offices will be closed tomorrow so I doubt we will be hearing anything until next week.

Personal rant: wherever I decide to go basically hinges on whether or not I get accepted to TC so it is extra frustrating to not know where I stand. Whatever the decision is, I just want to know so I can move on! Ugh.

5 hours ago, zurako said:

Personal rant: wherever I decide to go basically hinges on whether or not I get accepted to TC so it is extra frustrating to not know where I stand. Whatever the decision is, I just want to know so I can move on! Ugh.

Me too!! I'm ready to make the jump for NYU, but can't seem to do it until I hear back from TC -_-

Same here on waiting for TC! I'm also waiting for two CUNYs but I didn't get interviews so I'm expecting rejections there. At this point I am pretty committed to NYMC (and I put in my deposit since it's rolling admissions), but they don't offer scholarships the way NYU and TC do, so an acceptance with a good aid package might change my mind.

I agree with all of you, I just want to know already!

3 minutes ago, ElKel87 said:

Same here on waiting for TC! I'm also waiting for two CUNYs but I didn't get interviews so I'm expecting rejections there. At this point I am pretty committed to NYMC (and I put in my deposit since it's rolling admissions), but they don't offer scholarships the way NYU and TC do, so an acceptance with a good aid package might change my mind.

I agree with all of you, I just want to know already!

Which CUNYs are you waiting for? 

@slpgrad620 CUNY Hunter and CUNY Brooklyn. A small part of me would almost be relieved if I didn't get in, to be honest. I feel like NYMC is probably the best fit for me as a career changer and based on what I want to do as a clinician in the future. But it's a lot more expensive than the CUNYs so it would be a tough decision.

10 hours ago, CaliK8 said:

Me too!! I'm ready to make the jump for NYU, but can't seem to do it until I hear back from TC -_-

SAME.  Literally checking my email like every 20 minutes lol going crazy over here

19 hours ago, zurako said:

I stalked the results page for a few years back, and every year TC has released decisions before or during spring break. They are on spring break right now so it has been driving me insane that we are not hearing anything! According to their academic calendar offices will be closed tomorrow so I doubt we will be hearing anything until next week.

Thanks for the info! I thought for sure we would've heard from them this week based off last years results page. I think the blizzard must have caused some setbacks for all the NY schools. Hopefully early next week!

41 minutes ago, mcspeech said:

Thanks for the info! I thought for sure we would've heard from them this week based off last years results page. I think the blizzard must have caused some setbacks for all the NY schools. Hopefully early next week!

Yeah I agree. I know that Hunter rescheduled their interview to next week because of the blizzard, which means I have to wait longer for my decision. If everything will come all at once next week that would be fabulous!

On 3/17/2017 at 8:56 PM, PopLock&TalkIt said:

Joining the rant because I'm also going insane!! TC is a dream for me. Through my stalking, I found out their school was closed due to inclement weather this week, so maybe that pushed them back! 

Yeah New York had crazy weather last week! I just got my Ithaca acceptance and it was dated March 12th so I think there are some delays with everything. Driving me crazy! In the past TC acceptances have already been sent out by email by now. I read on the results page they came around 5pm so maybe today?? I definitely think this week. Good luck!

Just got an email from TC about an hour ago that my application status was updated! Accepted! Good luck to everyone who applied :)

3 hours ago, pbandj said:

Just got an email from TC about an hour ago that my application status was updated! Accepted! Good luck to everyone who applied :)

Wow Congratulations from a fellow west-coaster!!! I've been waiting to hear from TC because it was my other top choice, and I couldn't bring myself to make any final decisions until I heard from them. Maybe i'll hold off until tomorrow and if I don't hear anything i'll pay my deposit for my other program (which was my other top choice, so i'm still super psyched!) 

UPDATE: Kidding, just checked and their email went to my spam folder. Waitlisted! Not an acceptance but i'm proud to have even made it this far! This gave me what I needed though, taking this as a sign that NYU is where I am meant to be!  

Edited by CaliK8

4 hours ago, zurako said:

@pbandj Just curious because you are from the west coast, are you leaning towards going to TC?

Not anymore, to be honest. I applied because I wanted at least one possible New York option, since I have family there and used to live in Elmhurst - I love NYC! But now that I have an acceptance at UW Seattle and qualify for in-state tuition there, I can get my out of state adventure without paying the full sticker price of an out of state adventure lol. I may hold out just a day or two longer on TC, but I really doubt I will receive enough funding that will make it as inexpensive as my other options. Great program though, grateful and humbled by the acceptance! Someone on the waitlist will be very happy soon :) 

2 hours ago, CaliK8 said:

Wow Congratulations from a fellow west-coaster!!! I've been waiting to hear from TC because it was my other top choice, and I couldn't bring myself to make any final decisions until I heard from them. Maybe i'll hold off until tomorrow and if I don't hear anything i'll pay my deposit for my other program (which was my other top choice, so i'm still super psyched!) 

UPDATE: Kidding, just checked and their email went to my spam folder. Waitlisted! Not an acceptance but i'm proud to have even made it this far! This gave me what I needed though, taking this as a sign that NYU is where I am meant to be!  

Thank you! I'll probably be declining tomorrow or the next day, if you want to hold out just a little longer lol. But if you feel you're meant for NYU, totally go for it! And from a fellow west-coaster, congratulations on your acceptance!!! It's so exciting to get into a top choice, you should be proud of your accomplishments that are taking you to New York next fall! Have you visited the campus or the city? West coast to New York is quite a change, I think it is so cool that you're going to NYU :D 

Edited by pbandj
missed a word

3 hours ago, pbandj said:

Thank you! I'll probably be declining tomorrow or the next day, if you want to hold out just a little longer lol. But if you feel you're meant for NYU, totally go for it! And from a fellow west-coaster, congratulations on your acceptance!!! It's so exciting to get into a top choice, you should be proud of your accomplishments that are taking you to New York next fall! Have you visited the campus or the city? West coast to New York is quite a change, I think it is so cool that you're going to NYU :D 

NYU was my first choice since the get go, and putting all academics aside, I think it'll be a better fit for me as a person. Also, during this time waiting, I kind of remembered why i loved it so much! I go to the city pretty much every other year when i visit my family in NJ, but I've never had a reason to visit NYU. The last time I was there, I wasn't in grad app mode so I didn't think about visiting the schools.. but it's alright! I need/want change! So i'm super excited to be in a new environment learning from new people. Thank you! I'm so proud, and grateful for the opportunities. I celebrated any acceptance and waitlist I got, because I know how competitive it is.. Just wish we could all get spots, so all of us hopeful SLPs can celebrate together!

and congratulations to you too!! Especially on UW!! Such an amazing program!!! 

15 hours ago, CaliK8 said:

NYU was my first choice since the get go, and putting all academics aside, I think it'll be a better fit for me as a person. Also, during this time waiting, I kind of remembered why i loved it so much! I go to the city pretty much every other year when i visit my family in NJ, but I've never had a reason to visit NYU. The last time I was there, I wasn't in grad app mode so I didn't think about visiting the schools.. but it's alright! I need/want change! So i'm super excited to be in a new environment learning from new people. Thank you! I'm so proud, and grateful for the opportunities. I celebrated any acceptance and waitlist I got, because I know how competitive it is.. Just wish we could all get spots, so all of us hopeful SLPs can celebrate together!

and congratulations to you too!! Especially on UW!! Such an amazing program!!! 

Thank you so much! I totally agree that I wish we could all get spots, everyone is just so deserving of becoming an SLP! I'm so glad you found the place for you :) And I totally feel you on needing/wanting a change! I wish you the best of luck on your future endeavors :D