Worcester State University decisions

Anyone make their decision on Worcester State? I'm sending in my deposit this week! Would love to start to connect with anyone before the Admitted Students day on April 6! 

9 hours ago, Tayann1 said:

Hi there! Congrats on your acceptance. I was waitlisted here and I was wondering by what date do you have to make you decision by? Thank you!

April 15th is the deadline! Good luck to you! :) 

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2017 at 2:51 PM, mcook64 said:

Anyone make their decision on Worcester State? I'm sending in my deposit this week! Would love to start to connect with anyone before the Admitted Students day on April 6! 

Hi! I just found out I was accepted off the waitlist. Cant find a facebook group, is there one? Would love to start connecting with others as well! :) 

56 minutes ago, speechk said:

Hi! I just found out I was accepted off the waitlist. Cant find a facebook group, is there one? Would love to start connecting with others as well! :) 

Congrats!!! How were you notified?

56 minutes ago, speechk said:

4 hours ago, Soon2beSLP said:

Congrats!!! How were you notified?

Thanks!! I had emailed the program director yesterday and he let me know! I think he said they were planning on sending official letters out today if they could. Good luck!!! 

On 4/28/2017 at 6:14 PM, speechk said:

Hi! I was just accepted off the waitlist also! Were you able to find a facebook group? Or able to connect with others?

On 5/4/2017 at 10:31 AM, emilyn821 said:

Hi! I was just accepted off the waitlist also! Were you able to find a facebook group? Or able to connect with others?

Someone mentioned that most cohorts make a FB group after the initial program of study meeting (on the 22nd)! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

So, I'm considering applying to this university because it looks like a great program. Do you guys have any info you could give me about it, such as special features of the program, funding and GA positions, why you chose it, or cost of living of the area?? Any information would be great :)

21 hours ago, weewaffle2017 said:

Hi there,

So, I'm considering applying to this university because it looks like a great program. Do you guys have any info you could give me about it, such as special features of the program, funding and GA positions, why you chose it, or cost of living of the area?? Any information would be great :)

Hey!

I live in Massachusetts so my primary reason for applying and choosing it as my top choice was because it made the most sense financially for me (tuition, being able to commute from home and being able to continue working for at least the first year of grad school). On top of that though, my supervisor (I work as a SLPA) and a current grad student who worked with us on her out placement both attended WSU and they both had great things to say about the program. They always emphasizes how WSU trains you as a general SLP so that you can work in any setting and with any population. This appealed to me because although I have a preferred setting/preference of where I want to end up, I definitely want to experience as many work environments/populations as I can before settling into one. 

As far as GA positions go I think that information is available on the website. From what I remember its a 12 month position, with $2400 stipend per semester and I think they waive the fee for up to 3 courses per semester. Here is the website: http://www.worcester.edu/Graduate-Assistantships/

Hope that helps! Good luck! :) 

Edited by speechk

1 hour ago, slp2be3696 said:

Hi all!

I'm doing my pre-applying research and when I was looking into WSU, I noticed that their tuition is relatively low. Am I making this up or does anyone think the same/have an idea how much it's going to cost you? I would be an out of state applicant if I decide to put that school on my list. 

THANKS!

You're not making it up! It's so cost-friendly! One year full time is roughly $14k. So the entire program is just under 30k! It's unbelievable. I am out of state as well. Honestly, the cost is the primary reason I chose WSU.

On 5/28/2017 at 11:15 PM, chloslp said:

@mcook64 In that $14k, does that include summer terms?

I believe so! One credit is $298 ( I don't believe this includes some fees). The program is 55 credits. If you do the full time program it's 9 credits in the fall and spring and 7-9 in summer. You can check out this link! $14k is a rough estimate, I think it might actually be a little less now that I'm doing the math. https://www.worcester.edu/Graduate-Costs/

• 3 years later...

Hi there! Know that this post is from a while ago but am really interested in applying to Worchester State and was wondering if any of you would mind sharing some of your stats or experience before applying! Am trying to decide if I have a chance and should apply!