Northwestern Sociology 2010

luar de ouro

Anyone going to their open house?

I'm probably going. Got funding info today: University Fellowship, 5 years ~21K + health insurance (seemingly). Very nice letter. I had thought, from the website, that everyone gets similar or the same funding package, so don't know whether the "Fellowship" is a meaningful distinction.

I'm probably going. Got funding info today: University Fellowship, 5 years ~21K + health insurance (seemingly). Very nice letter. I had thought, from the website, that everyone gets similar or the same funding package, so don't know whether the "Fellowship" is a meaningful distinction.

I got the same letter i think. Unless other people say they got the "fellowship" I think you and I should feel special.

See you in Evanston!

*Mellon.

Sleeplessness fail. Although I'm sure Merton would be honored.

congrats everyone!! i am in too! university fellowship. anyone in the science studies cluster? i am going to try to get there for the visiting day but i'm not sure i can make it. i didn't check the online app but got a nice email with the funding attachment.

congrats everyone!! i am in too! university fellowship. anyone in the science studies cluster? i am going to try to get there for the visiting day but i'm not sure i can make it. i didn't check the online app but got a nice email with the funding attachment.

Congratulations! hope you can make it to the open house

No "view decision" link in my app page and I called on Tuesday (the 23rd) and she said that at that very moment she was giving decisions to the admissions department and that everyone will find out together. What's your (plural) take on no "view decision" link? Has anyone received a rejection?

Responses greatly appreciated... :)

Your application result is just awesome! Congrats! I've heard some about Northwestern, it sounds like a place where you can have a high flexibility on research. Enjoy it!

Edited by tomi

No "view decision" link in my app page and I called on Tuesday (the 23rd) and she said that at that very moment she was giving decisions to the admissions department and that everyone will find out together. What's your (plural) take on no "view decision" link? Has anyone received a rejection?

Responses greatly appreciated... :)

It makes me very nervous. I have basically given up hope on Northwestern even though it was my top choice. I know I have no right to be sad about graduate admissions but not hearing a positive back from this school does make my heart a little sad. I know we who are still waiting should stay optimistic but I have a feeling we are about to get a mass rejection. Harumph.

I'm back from a land where Gradcafe isn't accessible (Japan), and still have absolutely no word from Northwestern :( I haven't seen any rejections on the results page so I'm gonna assume I'll be getting that when the "no"s are out.

>_<

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations! hope you can make it to the open house

Hi everyone, now that the open house is over, I was wondering whether people have made decisions or are still waiting to visit other schools.

I'm definitely going to Northwestern (I'm George) and was wondering who else will be in the cohort.

Hi everyone, now that the open house is over, I was wondering whether people have made decisions or are still waiting to visit other schools.

I'm definitely going to Northwestern (I'm George) and was wondering who else will be in the cohort.

I've accepted their offer too (I'm Diego).