St. Johns University??

Has anyone not heard back from the St. Johns University yet or has talked to anyone in admissions to when we should be hearing back by? I am getting quite nervous as this is the only school I have not heard back from yet and the April 15th deadline is approaching and I want to know if they are still sending out acceptances at this point. As well does anyone have any insight on the program, the classes professors etc? Thanks! 

30 minutes ago, slpgirl898 said:

Has anyone not heard back from the St. Johns University yet or has talked to anyone in admissions to when we should be hearing back by? I am getting quite nervous as this is the only school I have not heard back from yet and the April 15th deadline is approaching and I want to know if they are still sending out acceptances at this point. As well does anyone have any insight on the program, the classes professors etc? Thanks! 

It's the same situation for me. I have not heard back from them either and they are the last school I'm waiting on. I keep calling admissions but get conflicting information about acceptance deadlines. I wish they would be more forthcoming. I also never recieved a straight answer regarding how admissions decisions are sent out. Since some people recieved acceptances last month the only logical conclusion I can think of is that they are waiting to see who accepts/declines their offer before they send out their next round of acceptances. 

Anyone have any luck calling the department? I wonder if they accept mainly their undergrads...

BTW  my coworker attended their program a few years ago and heard back so late in April that she thought they lost her application! 

7 minutes ago, 2bridges said:

It's the same situation for me. I have not heard back from them either and they are the last school I'm waiting on. I keep calling admissions but get conflicting information about acceptance deadlines. I wish they would be more forthcoming. I also never recieved a straight answer regarding how admissions decisions are sent out. Since some people recieved acceptances last month the only logical conclusion I can think of is that they are waiting to see who accepts/declines their offer before they send out their next round of acceptances. 

Anyone have any luck calling the department? I wonder if they accept mainly their undergrads...

BTW  my coworker attended their program a few years ago and heard back so late in April that she thought they lost her application! 

Thats how I currently feel like they have lost my application... I'm just curious because they have not sent out rejections or waitlists either. Also does your coworker have any insight on the program even though they attended a few years ago?

I've been waiting too but just decided to attend Adelphi .. I didn't want to go to St. John's in the first place and just applied but I honestly just want AN ANSWER 

18 hours ago, slpgirl898 said:

Thats how I currently feel like they have lost my application... I'm just curious because they have not sent out rejections or waitlists either. Also does your coworker have any insight on the program even though they attended a few years ago?

I'd be happy to ask her any questions you have. I know the school allowed her to do her internships/clinic/externships on The weekends and during the summer. She worked full time as a teacher while enrolled in the program. The evening classes are the reason I applied. I would have loved to apply to the CUNY's but they are day programs, and with the financial commitments at his point in my life, I can't quit my job or go part time.

5 hours ago, 2bridges said:

I'd be happy to ask her any questions you have. I know the school allowed her to do her internships/clinic/externships on The weekends and during the summer. She worked full time as a teacher while enrolled in the program. The evening classes are the reason I applied. I would have loved to apply to the CUNY's but they are day programs, and with the financial commitments at his point in my life, I can't quit my job or go part time.

Thats my exact reasoning for wanting to go to St. Johns for the mere fact that I could work at go to school which would be great. The only questions I have was just how she liked the program in general like the professors, size of the program etc, and how the clinics were. Thanks so much, all the information so far that you gave me really helped! Hopefully we hear something back soon. 

On 4/6/2017 at 8:59 PM, slpgirl898 said:

Thats my exact reasoning for wanting to go to St. Johns for the mere fact that I could work at go to school which would be great. The only questions I have was just how she liked the program in general like the professors, size of the program etc, and how the clinics were. Thanks so much, all the information so far that you gave me really helped! Hopefully we hear something back soon. 

My coworker said she liked the program and said that although the clinic director has a reputation for being mean/strict, she felt she was great. 

As a non traditional student, who worked full time as a teacher, my coworker couldn't really speak about the sense of community or activities, because she was only looking to get her degree and advance her career. She did say that although she was older than most of her peers, they were all welcoming and nice.

I'm still waiting to hear from St. John's but I'm leaning toward Speech@NYU. I'll definitely be declining my offer to Adelphi because the tuition will be more than NYU. I'll also probably decline my offer to LIU Brooklyn because they are on academic probabtion with CAA and ASHA.

I wish I could just hear back from SJU so I can make a fully informed decision about where I'll be on September.

On 4/6/2017 at 8:59 PM, slpgirl898 said:

I saw someone on the results page was accepted to St. John's today!

I wonder how they determine who gets an acceptance offer because a lot of the people who have been accepted to St. John's have lower stats and GRE scores than me.

14 hours ago, 2bridges said:

I saw someone on the results page was accepted to St. John's today!

I wonder how they determine who gets an acceptance offer because a lot of the people who have been accepted to St. John's have lower stats and GRE scores than me.

I saw! I wonder how they are accepting students as well, since most people have most likely put in deposit to other schools. I wish they would notify everyone on decisions well before the April 15th deadline most schools have. But I'm hoping to be accepted it would definitely be one of my top choices.

1 hour ago, slpgirl898 said:

I saw! I wonder how they are accepting students as well, since most people have most likely put in deposit to other schools. I wish they would notify everyone on decisions well before the April 15th deadline most schools have. But I'm hoping to be accepted it would definitely be one of my top choices.

I just called graduate admissions and a recording stated that the school is closed from today Thursday April 13 till Monday April 17. I doubt anyone will get offer over the next few days unless there is some sort of automated system. 

This is one of my top choices but with all this stress I'm wondering if I should just be happy with my offer to Speech@NYU. Both programs have pro's and con's. 

Just received my rejection letter in the mail from St. John's! Disappointed since it did not even mention their waitlist.

I wonder what type of student this school wants. My GPA and GRE scores are higher than most of the people who posted to the results section. Maybe they want a traditional student or those interested in the medical side of SLP. Someone on this forum once said the program is medically based but everyone I've met who graduated from the program works in a school. 

Oh well, I'm grateful I was accepted to three other schools. 

Best of luck to you and I hope you get an offer!

2 hours ago, 2bridges said:

I just called graduate admissions and a recording stated that the school is closed from today Thursday April 13 till Monday April 17. I doubt anyone will get offer over the next few days unless there is some sort of automated system. 

This is one of my top choices but with all this stress I'm wondering if I should just be happy with my offer to Speech@NYU. Both programs have pro's and con's. 

I figured if you haven't heard until now you were on the waitlist since some people got rejections prior? Im not sure though. Sorry for your rejection! But I'm sure you'll do great with Speech@NYU since its pretty hard to get in as well. I checked the mail and haven't gotten anything yet so i'm still holding on for some hope lol

22 hours ago, slpgirl898 said:

I figured if you haven't heard until now you were on the waitlist since some people got rejections prior? Im not sure though. Sorry for your rejection! But I'm sure you'll do great with Speech@NYU since its pretty hard to get in as well. I checked the mail and haven't gotten anything yet so i'm still holding on for some hope lol

Thank you! Fingers crossed for you!