:) Hello. I'm an applicant, and I just have a few questions about the wait list process/ odds at the following schools seeing that there is an April 15th deadline for applicants to accept/ decline. Thanks in advance.

1) Is anyone on the wait list at the following schools? 

*Georgia State University

* University of West Georgia

*University of Georgia

2) When do you think applicants will hear back ( I know there's the "After April 15th" memo, but does that mean around the ending of April, May, June, ,etc? Lol ?

3) Is there anyone who was accepted to these programs but decided to decline?

4) Also, what are the odds of being accepted off of the wait list? 

Edited by Blue J

@Blue JLast year, my friend got into UGA off of their waitlist around late April early May.  & this year I was waitlisted to UGA but declined my position on the waitlist because I accepted my offer at GSU. 

On 4/10/2017 at 11:40 AM, kdd22 said:

@Blue JLast year, my friend got into UGA off of their waitlist around late April early May.  & this year I was waitlisted to UGA but declined my position on the waitlist because I accepted my offer at GSU. 

How is it that schools like UGA even go for the wait list if they offer admission to more than enough people to fill a cohort? I'm just a tad bit confused because take GSU for example... on ASHA's edfind it says "43 offered admission." However, their target enrollment is 25-28. So, does "43" include those on the waitlist or is that just the number of people who were offered immediate acceptance? I'm just wondering how schools can send out more than enough acceptances and still end up going to the waitlist ( def. not complaining!!!). I Just want to understand the science behind it/ odds of getting off the waitlist. I've seen schools that offer 60+ admissions for 25 spots, and applicants post that they got in off of the wait list. I'm like " how?" lol  Just curious. Congrats, btw.

Edited by Blue J

On 4/15/2017 at 6:50 PM, Blue J said:

How is it that schools like UGA even go for the wait list if they offer admission to more than enough people to fill a cohort? I'm just a tad bit confused because take GSU for example... on ASHA's edfind it says "43 offered admission." However, their target enrollment is 25-28. So, does "43" include those on the waitlist or is that just the number of people who were offered immediate acceptance? I'm just wondering how schools can send out more than enough acceptances and still end up going to the waitlist ( def. not complaining!!!). I Just want to understand the science behind it/ odds of getting off the waitlist. I've seen schools that offer 60+ admissions for 25 spots, and applicants post that they got in off of the wait list. I'm like " how?" lol  Just curious. Congrats, btw.

My guess would be they accept their target number at first, but then offer acceptances to people on the waitlist as other individuals decline offers. And the large number of admissions offers is a total that includes the offers that were given, even to those who were waitlisted originally.

So if that is true, you can almost guess how many people were offered admissions off the waitlist by subtracting the target enrollment from the admissions offers.

However, if there is one thing I have learned there is so much that goes into considerations it is difficult to predict how things work in the admissions world.