Reclaiming the Forums

bgk

Hello Guys,

I've spent the evening tidying up the forum and battling against the spambots. I think I won the battle for the most part. I hope that people will start to use the forums again to offer tips and advice, and just to chat in general.

Over the coming weeks I'll get the look and feel fixed. If there are any features / forums you would like to see added, please let me know via private message.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Good work, but something funky is going on with my permissions. For some reason, it won't let me (a moderator of all things) read some of the forums.

I'll look in to this for you....

It's about time! This was a great site before it got spammed to death.

It should pick up, again, pretty soon. I know I'm just finishing up the last application this week, so everybody else should start freaking out in the next month or so.

I can't believe how much more organized the process is the second time around. It still sucks - don't get me wrong - but at least I knew what I was doing.

Well, if you took a thesis option instead of a coursework option, I feel your pain. I had to take a couple of weeks off from my research to get everything organized and out the door!

I still say they should work it like the NFL draft. You put all your credentials in one central file, and the top colleges take turns drafting their favorite students. =)

And, yes, I'm happy to return and not see my forums filled with "Jessica Simpson A55rape" video links. lol

He knows someone at every school I'm applying to. At my top two choices, he's old friends with the two profs I want to work with. They'd just pick up the phone and call him to ask about me (my advisor has reminded me of this repeatedly).