Waitlisted STILL

How many of you are still waitlisted at a school which is one of your top choices, but accepted elsewhere because the deadline was April 15th? What will you do if you get off the waitlist at this late date?

I know people who have done this and have sent in deposits to a school but end up changing their mind after their top choice accepts them. If you get accepted to your top choice and want to go, I think it's totally worth losing that deposit to the other school if you are going to attend your top choice instead. It's all about you and your success as a grad student to prepare you for your career. 

Good luck!

Edited by PlieThenRose

Anyone waiting for responses from grad schools for those who have been waitlisted? Its been over 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything from the 2  schools I applied too. I do not know if it  will be okay to contact them or just wait

I know a few people who just got into a school and now are deciding if they want to go to other programs. I also have heard of people getting in almost a week before classes start. 

On 5/5/2017 at 8:25 AM, Klm31 said:

I contacted schools I was waitlisted at and wrote a continued letter of interest. I had positive feedback and got off the waitlist at 2 schools after doing so!

what did you say when you when you wrote a continued letter of interest?

I mentioned that I was waitlisted and that I was writing to express my continued interest in the school. I then talked about why it was the perfect school for me and how it would help me accomplish my personal goals. Lastly I noted that I was excited about the prospect of joining the program. It also wouldn't hurt to let them know they are your top choice and that you would accept if given the opportunty!

Best of luck!

Edited by Klm31

That is great advice! My brother did that for undergrad and got in off the waitlist the next day. For me, I think I have come to the decision not to accept if getting off the waitlist at what once was a top choice- only because I have learned more about the program I did accept to regarding the April 15th deadline. Plus, it was necessary for me to put a deposit down on an apartment since there were only a small handful left. However, for everyone out there STILLLLLL waiting, like I was (and I still haven't heard), I wish everyone the best! Hopefully, I will never second guess my decision.

1 hour ago, jacquelyn22g said:

Has anyone heard if Emerson has reached out to anyone on their wait list?

I just got notified today that I was accepted from their waitlist. I'm so relieved, because the one other school I did get into does not feel like the right fit for me. Good luck to you!

On 5/10/2017 at 5:01 PM, elenaj said:

I just got notified today that I was accepted from their waitlist. I'm so relieved, because the one other school I did get into does not feel like the right fit for me. Good luck to you!

Congratulations! Good luck in the Fall! :)

Howdy Speechietx,

I am still waiting to hear from Texas Tech. A friend that got into the program told me that they have not received a complete list of the people in their cohort so I am still holding out hope that they haven't filled all the spots yet! 

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2017 at 5:01 PM, elenaj said:

I was notified yesterday that I was accepted off of Emerson's waitlist! Looks like we'll be in classes together this fall!

21 minutes ago, Alyspeechie said:

Ugh still waitlisted for all the schools I applied to. I've been in this same position since March and it is agonizing....

Have you reached out to these schools with a continued letter of interest? Might help!