Fall 2018 Performance Studies PhD

DirectorsCoffee

1 hour ago, Quotidian said:

@ubernerd Congrats on these interviews! Sorry to hear about Brown. I’d hoped you would move on and tell me about this mysterious finalist process. But it sounds like you have lots to look forward to yay! 

Thanks! It’s weird cause the email for rejection was super personalized was yours? 

@ubernerd yep it was very personalized, which was nice. I am still waiting to hear back from Columbia (expecting a rejection as it’s probably not a perfect fit research-wise) and NYU’s MA. This is my first round applying so I expected mostly rejections from the PhD programs, but I’m glad I at least got an interview in. Where else are you waiting to hear from? 

I’m still in the interview process. But as of now I heard back from Northwestern IPTD, UCLA (I got interviewed and got invited to the recruitment weekend), UCI(I have an interview tomorrow). I got rejected from Maryland, Brown(as you already know), and awaiting a rejection from Berkeley (I applied but no rejection as of yet) 

Hey all. Sorry to hear about Brown. But I am so happy to hear they sent personalized emails. That seems to be quite rare. I am so curious to see in the fall who ends up on their website as the new students at all of these schools. Is anyone waiting to hear back from UC Davis, Stanford, or Pratt by any chance? I haven't heard a peep except for rejections from Berkeley and Northwestern. 

No, nothing from any of these places for me cause I didn’t apply to them.  @mariahjewelalanis were you notified by Berkeley to check your status or did just go on your account? 

Good news just came through for me this morning! I got my first official acceptance from UCLA via email!  Very excited! No word on funding yet! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I applied to a slew of MA/PhDs, one MA (Florida State) and one MFA (Yale). 

On 1/27/2018 at 2:05 PM, mariahjewelalanis said:

Is anyone else waiting on UC Berkeley?

I got my first rejection with the first round of UC Berkeley rejections, so I'm zero for 8 right now. 

It concerns me to hear about interviews...I haven't been invited for any as of yet. However, it does comfort me that there have been some people on this thread who've been rejected already from schools like Brown from whom I haven't heard anything...yet. So I guess that's good news, if I wasn't rejected with the rest. I must've moved up a round or something. This is all so anxiety-inducing. 

@theatregrad18 I know how you feel!! I’ve only heard back from 2 of the 8 schools to which I applied (both rejections - UC Berkeley and Northwestern). I’m still waiting to hear from Brown as well, along with with Stanford, Davis, NYU, Pratt and Michigan. It seems like we have GOT to be hearing something this week from someone, eh?? 

Hello --

Glad to have found this site today. I applied to a slew of programs, and like many here, have only heard back from UC Berkley (rejected). Does anyone know if Tufts, BGSU, UMD, Columbia, Cornell, or Louisiana State University have finalized their candidates? I'm getting paranoid over here. Tufts in my top choice by far; as I'm already near the Boston area. 

@Seraphaun Tisch won’t get back to anyone until at least March 8th. More like March 15th or later. Applications weren’t due until 1/15 and Tisch is always among the last to get back to applicants. Are you applying for the MA or the PhD?

Edited by Quotidian