Johns Hopkins

gandahan27

I haven't heard anything from them yet.

I haven't heard anything from any schools yet. So depressing...

As hard as I know it is to not have heard anything from any schools yet, I would almost take that over the depressing of two rejections. The one from Princeton was hard, but come on, kind of expected, but the one from my safe school that was supposed to be my backup, that blew me away yesterday and left me wondering if I have any hope with all the schools in between. You will be on the roller coaster soon enough just hang in there.

I got an email offering me admission Wednesday. The email said they're shooting for a class of four people this year, so I'm guessing they'll take a couple more than that, or at least add people to the waitlist.

I'm thrilled and will probably attend.

I am from Baltimore, so if anyone else got in and plans to attend, let me know. We should meet!

I received the admission email earlier tonight, it's several days later than west. So if there are some notifications made next week or so, I would not be surprised. Just be patient and hopeful, guys.

I received the admission email earlier tonight, it's several days later than west. So if there are some notifications made next week or so, I would not be surprised. Just be patient and hopeful, guys.

Does your acceptance letter say anything about them only taking a cohort of 4 this year? I know someone else said that earlier so I'm just wondering if that was stated formally? Thanks for giving us hope!

Does your acceptance letter say anything about them only taking a cohort of 4 this year? I know someone else said that earlier so I'm just wondering if that was stated formally? Thanks for giving us hope!

Yes, they said so! So I think it's something they have decide very clearly and stated formally.

Why are they sending out rejection emails one by one (not by group) ?

I just want to get my rejection letter......so that I can move on.

Maybe they're just trying to narrow down their candidates for the last few spots. Just keep hanging in there!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to those who admitted by JHU. I just received the wait list notification. JHU is my first choice though I have one admission with financial support from the other school. Anyway, I will withdraw that acceptance immediately to help others in decision making once I get the admission from JHU. So, to those JHU admit, please let the JHU know your decision as soon as possible if you are not going to attend. Thank you very much.

Good luck to those on the waitlist. Hopefully this will help you gauge your chances, though I'm afraid the news won't be very good.

They are shooting for four to five spots. My understanding is that they sent out eight to nine bona fide acceptance letters. The wait list -- I assume -- will be after that, in the case that of those offered, they get fewer students than 4 acceptnaces.

I know I will be attending... so if others are willing to tell their status, you might get a better idea about your chances. I hope this helps and good luck. It's going to be a small cohort, smaller than the already small cohorts of prior years.

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck to those on the waitlist. Hopefully this will help you gauge your chances, though I'm afraid the news won't be very good.

They are shooting for four to five spots. My understanding is that they sent out eight to nine bona fide acceptance letters. The wait list -- I assume -- will be after that, in the case that of those offered, they get fewer students than 4 acceptnaces.

I know I will be attending... so if others are willing to tell their status, you might get a better idea about your chances. I hope this helps and good luck. It's going to be a small cohort, smaller than the already small cohorts of prior years.

There might still be some hope, as several students who were accepted to JHU signed at our recruitment this weekend. The waitlisted students for JHU who came to our recruitment were almost salivating over that, as they were high on the wait-list. Two JHU wait-listers couldn't shut up about it on their weekend. I get that it's your dream school, but when we admitted you outright with a much higher offer.... couldn't you at least be polite about it on our visit?

Were any of the rest of the wait-listers given your ranking on the list? I feel suspicious about that, and I'm guessing that everyone is told they are #2 on the wait list, but I wanted to know y'alls experience.

Edited by HereKittyKitty

There might still be some hope, as several students who were accepted to JHU signed at our recruitment this weekend. The waitlisted students for JHU who came to our recruitment were almost salivating over that, as they were high on the wait-list. Two JHU wait-listers couldn't shut up about it on their weekend. I get that it's your dream school, but when we admitted you outright with a much higher offer.... couldn't you at least be polite about it on our visit?

Were any of the rest of the wait-listers given your ranking on the list? I feel suspicious about that, and I'm guessing that everyone is told they are #2 on the wait list, but I wanted to know y'alls experience.

What Uni is this? Just curious.... Good luck waitlisters.