UIUC Undergrad, low GPA, high GRE, good internships

onesandzeros

Hi, I'm a class of 2017 grad from UIUC's CS program. What type of schools would be a good fit for a MS in CS or Math or Stats?

3.00/4.00 GPA

170 Verbal

170 Quant

5 Writing

- Internship at one of [Google, Apple, Facebook]

- Full-time job in algorithmic trading starting soon at one of [Citadel, Jump Trading, Optiver]

- 3 years of research done within U of I in the CS department, and at the NCSA (National Center for Supercomputing Applications) in HPC.

I have one strong letter of rec I can get from a UIUC CS professor, and I could get more from my other research positions at school, but none that I feel were that great. What tier of schools should I be applying to for my MS? Open to and interested in CS, Applied Math, or Stats. May be able to join the professor I was doing research with at UIUC as a MS student in CS.

Really quite interested in programming languages and compilers as a research topic - something U of I is very strong in. My strong letter of rec is from a UIUC compilers research professor.

Thanks!

Edited by onesandzeros