Biomedical Engineering/Bioengineering - PhD Application Profiles for Fall 2018 Admittance

PickleRick

On 3/30/2018 at 10:24 AM, thaibear said:

Just decided to join UCSD this fall! I hope that I've made the right decision. 

Congrats!

I'm down to deciding between my top two options, and UCSD is one of them! Maybe I'll see you next year.

On 3/31/2018 at 8:14 PM, TinyAquarianNinja said:

I'm going to U of Pittsburgh! Great neural engineering with great professors and matched with my top choice lab.

Congrats! It's a great program to be a part of.

4 hours ago, XVIIA said:

Congrats!

I'm down to deciding between my top two options, and UCSD is one of them! Maybe I'll see you next year.

Yeah, I was really struggling when I had to decide. I narrowed down my choices to UCSD vs. UW (my interests fit really well with the labs at both institutions) but decided to attend UCSD due to the uni's perfect weather and location. 

Does anyone have strong knowledge of UCLA's BME PhD program? I've narrowed it down to UCLA vs some other LA programs.  I am limited to LA.  I was admitted to UCLA via their old "direct-to-specific-lab pathway", not their new "4-year" rotation-based, general admission pathway.  As such, I did not go to preview day and I do not think I am going to have time to do a full visit before the April 15 deadline.

On 3/29/2018 at 8:35 AM, Bme_rst said:

One spot left at Mayo as of 3/29.

On 3/7/2018 at 5:19 PM, krd_BME said:

Wait listed at BU! If anyone else has been accepted to BU or Mayo Clinic, please let them know if you are not going. :)

Mayo filled their spots today. It was an unusually strong year. Many people have to apply twice after a postbac or masters, it’s not uncommon.

14 hours ago, XVIIA said:

Just accepted my offer at UCSD! It feels so good to know where I'll be heading in the fall.

Congrats on finalizing your decision! Guess I'll see you this fall! 

Just accepted my offer at UW, Seattle! It was a tough choice but I'm really excited about the upcoming PhD life. Congrats to everyone who's decided on their offer and all the best to the folks who're still waiting!