Do I have a shot getting into grad school

Hi everyone. Beginning the application process and am very nervous. My GRE scores are 155 in verbal, 150 in quant., 4.5 in writing. My cumulative is only a 3.4. I've been shadowing SLPs for the past 3 summers, worked in a Language and Cognition lab, and was a TA for a course in teaching special education. Is it possible these extracurriculars can sway an acceptance into grad school? And do I have a shot at all? Thanks!!

I hope you have a shot because my stats are similar to yours, maybe slightly lower. I think you do! I know it gets scary on here seeing everyone with 3.8+ gpa's, amazing gre scores, and tons of extracurriculars but you can't let that stop you! I used to be super negative about not getting in and did not think I had a shot but I'm going to try my hardest to get into a program! I think if you're determined and apply smart you can get in! We both can get in!!

Your scores are average, so you'll probably be seen as an average applicant. That should get your application looked at by holistic-based programs. But you'll really need to sell your passion, as well as experience, from there.

To be more competitive from the front, you can certainly do what@Spondee suggested, re-take the GREs. That could edge you out in front of other 'average numbered' candidates.

Edited by _kita

Depends on where you apply,  what the school is looking for in terms of the class as a whole (i.e. Diverse class), and the other students you're applying against. 

I dont think your GRE scores are low (certainly not super high), but if you can't raise your GPA you might want to make sure that you have some strong experience, work it all into a great statement of purpose, and find some really outstanding letter of rec writers who believe in your ability to succeed.