Canadian Graduate Schools

Thales

To those who have experience applying to graduate school in Canada, MA programs specifically: by what date should one reasonably expect to receive a response?

I applied to both UofT and York for Political Science and have yet to see any movement on my file (as per their online status checkers).

To those who have experience applying to graduate school in Canada, MA programs specifically: by what date should one reasonably expect to receive a response?

I applied to both UofT and York for Political Science and have yet to see any movement on my file (as per their online status checkers).

Last year I applied to both UofT and York for the MA programs. In the case of UofT, I was notified in late March. In the case of York, about mid-March.

Thank you, Ziz and Brewski both. Looks like I have a while to wait yet!

To Rory: if I'm not mistaken, the admissions committee looks to admit PhD students before MA students. I believe you'll likely hear from them a little earlier than April. Maybe early March or late February.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump.

Sorry for necromancing this thread, but since we're now approaching the results date(s), I'm wondering if anyone has yet received word from any Canadian Political Science programs? I'm asking about MA programs, specifically.

I've noticed just one acceptance from York University on March 1st. An acceptance that early seems a little dubious though, considering the inevitable increase in application volumes this year.

Any insights/results/useless banter are much appreciated.

Edited by Thales

Bump.

Sorry for necromancing this thread, but since we're now approaching the results date(s), I'm wondering if anyone has yet received word from any Canadian Political Science programs? I'm asking about MA programs, specifically.

I've noticed just one acceptance from York University on March 1st. An acceptance that early seems a little dubious though, considering the inevitable increase in application volumes this year.

Any insights/results/useless banter are much appreciated.

I don't know about MA programs, but I haven't heard anything for the PhD...sorry, I'm sure that is not much help....

I didn't apply to Pol Sci, but my UofT online status checker never changed even after they came to a decision.

Hope this will help with the obsessive online status checks ... or maybe not. :)

Good luck!

Edited by seahistory

Re: UofT Decisions

Is this information only applicable to the Political Science Dept? Admittedly, I applied for the Criminology MA at UofT (a smaller department). I'm just anxiously awaiting results.

I did apply for the York Poli Sci MA though. Any word on those decisions?

has *anyone* else at all heard from Toronto in any way, other than that one single acceptance on the results thread?

the results page for tdot just seems a little scantily-clad to me.. i tried emailing carolynn branton to ask her about the department's decisions, but i guess she's pretty busy. oy.

has *anyone* else at all heard from Toronto in any way, other than that one single acceptance on the results thread?

the results page for tdot just seems a little scantily-clad to me.. i tried emailing carolynn branton to ask her about the department's decisions, but i guess she's pretty busy. oy.

If I'm not mistaken, there have been at least a few acceptances to the PhD program according to the GC.com results page.

Yea I'm also probably out as well, or wait-listed perhaps.

To the question about York MA program, I don't believe they've notified anyone yet, but I applied to their MA program last year and heard back around March 20 I believe.

Was it an acceptance?

I applied last year as well, and was notified of rejection on March 26th or so (via status checker).

UofT rejected me on April 3rd (word of mouth), but officially, closer to the 12th.

My applications weren't very strong last year. I didn't put much thought into the statements and was simply testing the admissions waters. Hopefully this cycle will prove more fruitful.

Edited by Thales

Was it an acceptance?

I applied last year as well, and was notified of rejection on March 26th or so (via status checker).

UofT rejected me on April 3rd (word of mouth), but officially, closer to the 12th.

My applications weren't very strong last year. I didn't put much thought into the statements and was simply testing the admissions waters. Hopefully this cycle will prove more fruitful.

Yea it was an acceptance