Hey guys,

I was offered a place at the University of Bath to do my masters in Microbiology. The only problem is that I can't really afford the cost of paying as an international student. I was looking online and mostly found scholarships for 3rd world country students.

So I was wondering if anyone knew of any scholarships that US students can apply to.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Hi! have you tried the fulbright UK-US programs?

On 9/13/2017 at 10:32 PM, TheElkster said:

Hey guys,

I was offered a place at the University of Bath to do my masters in Microbiology. The only problem is that I can't really afford the cost of paying as an international student. I was looking online and mostly found scholarships for 3rd world country students.

So I was wondering if anyone knew of any scholarships that US students can apply to.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2018 at 9:24 AM, Shulfer said:

Hi! have you tried the fulbright UK-US programs?

I'll also be studying in the UK and I had a hard time figuring out their site. I couldn't find their eligibility criteria.

http://www.fulbright.org.uk/going-to-the-uk/postgraduate-student-awards

However, they closed their applications for this upcoming October. The application for 2019 will open in March or April.

If you are looking for other funding suggestions, look at your institution then start researching your field. I have found a handful of awards that are through either the university or department, as well as a funding scheme for Americans based at the LSE. It takes a lot of legwork, but keep searching and you will eventually find a couple awards and scholarships that apply to you.