Outside major looking for good programs!

Hello everyone!

I am a senior with a psychology major and am currently applying to SLP grad schools for FALL 2018. I have a 3.7 GPA and will be taking the GRE this week, but am not feeling too confident about my math scores. I have a lot of research experience from psych, but not too much experience within the field of speech pathology (just 25 hours of me observing). I have strong letters of recommendation as well. 

Does anyone know any schools that do not require the GRE or seem like a good fit for me as a non major? Or if anyone has any tips in general! I would greatly appreciate the help, as it has been tough to navigate the process. :)

Currently I am applying to University of Arizona, University of Texas at Dallas, UNC Chapel Hill, Baylor, and Temple. 

Thank you! 

As a non-major you're going to need to be applying to programs that accept people that haven't done any of the prereqs, as I'm sure you know. I believe ASHA's edfind has a list of schools that will accept students without prereqs, so if you haven't checked that out I would definitely take a look on their website! They will probably have links to their websites and maybe stats for non-majors applying to the program. You could also contact schools if you're interested in their programs!

As @CBG321 said, schools that don't look at GRE tend to accept people with super high GPAs, and also tend to get SWAMPED with applications. For example, CSU: Fullerton doesn't take GREs and had 500 people apply for 28 spots. Most of the students they took at a GPA between a 3.8-4.0. The quantitative section of the GRE isn't a huge deal for this field though, so if you are able to do well on verbal, get around a 50 percentile score on quant, and 4.0 on AW you'd still be in a good place. Even if you got slightly lower than 50th percentile, you'd probably still be competitive in those programs. You also have a good GPA and your research experience will looks amazing on apps.

I wish you the BEST of luck on the GRE!!! I took it about a month ago and the entire process of studying, taking it, and waiting for results was so stressful lol. You're gonna feel AMAZING when it's done!

• 1 month later...

CSU East Bay does not require nor does it even accept GRE scores and they have a program for out of field students.
Not sure if you are interested in moving to California, but I know the complete list of schools in CA that have 3 year programs if you are interested. 

Don't worry too much, I was a Cognitive Science undergrad with a lot of research experience in psychology and psycholinguistics and also 25 hours of observation. You got this!