Which set of GRE scores should I report?

koolbeanz

So I took the GRE twice, and I'm unsure of which scores to report, since my V improved dramatically and my Q decreased.

Take 1: 160Q, 158V, 4.5AW

Take 2: 158Q, 164V, 4.5AW

I think reporting the second scores would be a no-brainer if I weren't applying to Master's programs in STEM. I got a 76th percentile Q my first time, but 69th percentile my second. And for V, I got 80th percentile my first time, but 94th my second.

So...which scores would be better to self-report on my applications? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

I suggest reporting both.  It looks like after the first attempt, you studied and made an impressive increase on V, but you were less focused on your Q. The quantitative is close enough that it won't be a hindrance either way. So it won't hurt to submit both of them.

Edited by _kita

@_kita Thanks for your insight! That's a good point, I'll do that. But there are some schools that ask for one set of test scores on their portals - in this case, would it be better to report just the second set?