Has anyone gotten into or applied to any grad schools in Michigan? If so I'd love to hear details on specific schools and what your stats were that either got you in or rejected.

I'm primarily interested in Michigan State, Western Michigan, Central Michigan, Grand Valley State, and Wayne State. I was previously interested in Eastern Michigan but their website says they're currently on ASHA probation so now I'm probably going to skip applying there.

Any insight is much appreciated!

Hey!

I just got accepted to Eastern's SLP program starting in January and I plan on attending! I've talked to several people about why their program was put on probation (and I read the entirety of the report from ASHA myself) and the majority of the reasons why they're on probation has to do with clerical details - not curriculum problems. I've talked to several students there that love the program and recommend it - so don't count it out just yet!

29 minutes ago, speechpeach04 said:

Hey!

I just got accepted to Eastern's SLP program starting in January and I plan on attending! I've talked to several people about why their program was put on probation (and I read the entirety of the report from ASHA myself) and the majority of the reasons why they're on probation has to do with clerical details - not curriculum problems. I've talked to several students there that love the program and recommend it - so don't count it out just yet!

That's good to hear! Do you mind me asking what your stats were to get into Eastern?

I got into msu a couple years ago though I ended up going elsewhere. Quant 155 verbal 162. Overall gpa 3.76. 

Feel free to message me if you have specific questions. I remember some info from my tour