Did anyone make it with under a 150Q?

Hey all! 

My GRE is about a week away and I am in panic city. My practice tests have my quant score at a 147-153 and my verbal score at a 167-169. I'm wondering if my verbal can make up for what might be a quant score a little below 150. The rest of my application should be okay (hopefully) with a 3.53 undergrad and a 4.0 last 60 and 4.0 CSD along with unique, relevant experience, great LORs, great personal statements. I'm mainly looking at SUNY New Paltz (where I did my post ba) and New York Medical College. 

Any success stories/insights/words of advice are much, much appreciated. 

I got a 147 on the quantitative section and here I am, as a first year grad student :)  I got accepted multiple places.

My verbal was 153- I've heard that a combined "300" score is ideal, and it's okay if there's a few points between the two scores.  But then I've talked to people in my cohort who had quant scores in the low 140s, and obviously they made it in, too.

Best of luck with your applications!

Edited by CCCaffeinated-SLP

10 hours ago, CCCaffeinated-SLP said:

I got a 147 on the quantitative section and here I am, as a first year grad student :)  I got accepted multiple places.

My verbal was 153- I've heard that a combined "300" score is ideal, and it's okay if there's a few points between the two scores.  But then I've talked to people in my cohort who had quant scores in the low 140s, and obviously they made it in, too.

Best of luck with your applications!

This gives me hope :D. Thank you!