CV Help! Future postions???

nicokren

Hello!!!

Currently applying to psych PhD programs. I am in the process of perfecting (if you will) my CV for upload to application portals. My question is whether or not to include future positions on the CV. Last week, I was hired on as an Adjunct Professor of Psychology, though I will not start teaching until the spring semester (way after apps are due). Do I include this in my CV? I feel that the position will look excellent to admissions, but since I have not started the position I am worried it will come off as presumptuous and weird.

help!

Sure, include it. I have a bunch of things on my CV with future dates. I add them only after they're finalized. Things like invited talks, conference travel, what I'm teaching next semester, etc. There are several ways to specify future dates. I put mine in square brackets.

• [2018]   How to use pixie dust to manipulate evil politicians. The Magic Society of America, January 2018.
  • 2017     The secret lives of kittens and unicorns. The 17th Annual meeting of the society of cute animals, University of Fluff, November 2017.

For open ended things like jobs, I'd do something like "2018–"