Canada Fall 2018

SnowAngel3535

On 3/8/2018 at 6:20 AM, Nocturnae said:

My U of A application has been under review for more than two months now. I can't even care anymore at this point.

By the way, I would love to chat with anyone that got admitted to UWaterloo :)

hey:D! I got into UWaterloo. not for CS but another field. just waiting on official letter at this point.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/01/2018 at 5:46 PM, SnowAngel3535 said:

Has anyone applied to the University of Saskatchewan?

I did, and i had an Interview with a POI on 9th of March.

I hope the result comes out positive.

Any feedback from your side??

7 hours ago, Ede said:

I did, and i had an Interview with a POI on 9th of March.

I hope the result comes out positive.

Any feedback from your side??

Hey, no I haven't actually. It's been silence since I submitted my application. I'm guessing it's a rejection. What research area are you applying for if you don't mind me asking?

7 minutes ago, SnowAngel3535 said:

Hey, no I haven't actually. It's been silence since I submitted my application. I'm guessing it's a rejection. What research area are you applying for if you don't mind me asking?

Computer Science. You?

I don't think USAS has sent admission notification to anybody. A friend that applied for Geography too is yet to get feedback. And the department said decisions would be rolled out by March ending or early April.

1 hour ago, Ede said:

Computer Science. You?

I don't think USAS has sent admission notification to anybody. A friend that applied for Geography too is yet to get feedback. And the department said decisions would be rolled out by March ending or early April.

yea Comp sci as well but I meant which research lab areas were you applying to. I was hoping to join the hci lab

Just talked to UToronto CS grad admissions office (for PhD). The lady said that they sent initial acceptances in February and will be sending more (depending on how many of those people accept their offer) soon. She added that they haven't sent out any rejections and that all decisions will be out anytime between now and end of April. 

Got acceptance from UofA Computing Science Department. Area: AI, ML, and CV. But the offer letter doesn't mention anything about the supervisor and GARS application also says supervisor not assigned yet. Does UofA not assign supervisor at the time of admission? Also, got acceptance from the supervisor at UWaterloo for  MMath, CS. Area: AI, ML, and NLP.

On 3/22/2018 at 3:41 AM, foobar_321 said:

Got acceptance from UofA Computing Science Department. Area: AI, ML, and CV. But the offer letter doesn't mention anything about the supervisor and GARS application also says supervisor not assigned yet. Does UofA not assign supervisor at the time of admission? Also, got acceptance from the supervisor at UWaterloo for  MMath, CS. Area: AI, ML, and NLP.

Congratulations! I think the supervisor is decided later on. They also give you a chance to switch to Statistical ML when you get there.

When did you apply?

5 hours ago, keratin said:

Congratulations! I think the supervisor is decided later on. They also give you a chance to switch to Statistical ML when you get there.

When did you apply?

Thanks, I finished my application in the middle of November last year. That is interesting. I received an email from one of the profs. earlier whom I mentioned in my application as a potential supervisor about research interests, so I thought I would probably have him as supervisor.  

21 hours ago, FailureChinchilla said:

@GreenSoybean I haven't heard anything from UofT as well, feels bad mayne

The MScAC admission coordinator replied to me yesterday that all applicants would get a response by the end of April. A friend of mine received an offer from MScAC in mid-March, but I still get no message.

On 3/31/2018 at 2:06 AM, GreenSoybean said:

Anyone applied to Toronto MScAC and Waterloo MMath Coursework? I haven't heard anything from them, don't know their decision timeline. Feel awful:(

I emailed the Waterloo CS Grad Office, asking about my application status, and got a generic answer. They said they are still working through the applications and to check my Quest account regularly for an update. :mellow:

8 hours ago, rbianchi said:

I emailed the Waterloo CS Grad Office, asking about my application status, and got a generic answer. They said they are still working through the applications and to check my Quest account regularly for an update. :mellow:

Thank you. Hope we can get a decision soon.