Calling All SLP's!

Has anyone heard anything about the Adelphi, LIU-Brooklyn, Lehman, and teachers college SLP programs? How do you think they rank compared to each other? Maybe opinions from people that go there or just in general. Do people that go to teachers college for the SLP MA program like it? Thanks for any input you can give me!!

I went to LIU-Brooklyn for CSD undergrad. I loveeeee the faculty!!!!

I went to LIU-Brooklyn for CSD undergrad. I loveeeee the faculty!!!!

That is great to hear thanks!!! I haven't really heard anything about that program. Faculty is def key. I attend Queens College for the undergraduate program and the faculty is also amazing-knowledgeable and extremely willing to help.

Do tell about SDSU! I want to know all the details of your trip! I won't be able to get the time off to visit before decisions are due, so any opinions/descriptions would be super helpful!! Feel free to PM me but there must be others who are considering SDSU who would benefit from your take on it also.

I know several grads from the SF State program who work in public districts or are in private practice now, and they all loved it.

I'd go with your gut. San Francisco's a much more fun/interesting city than San Diego, in my opinion, but you can't really swim in the water in the Bay unless you're insane, with a thick wetsuit :P

I also visited SDSU. The staff and students I talked to were so down-to-earth and tried to help me the best they could, so I felt comfortable during my whole visit. :) I didn't talk to any faculty members, but the former/current students I've talked to have all commented that the majority of the faculty are very knowledgeable and approachable. While I wouldn't use the word "amazing" to describe the clinic, it was still nice, clean, and organized. This is good enough for me, but I totally understand that each person may be looking for different things in a clinic. Also, the diverse kinds of clients I can work with IS pretty amazing in my opinion and not an opportunity necessarily offered in every school, so I knew I would be able to gain a lot of valuable clinical experiences in that way. This is just my perspective, but I hope it's helpful in some way since you can't visit! Oh and I'm deciding between SDSU and out-of-state schools (SDSU is the only CA school I applied to), so I can't make a comparison with the other CA schools. Best of luck deciding!! :)

Edited by stardu5t

No.I got an e-mail last week stating we would hear about this on April 16th. Have u heard anything?

I actually feel better after reading this--I thought we were supposed to hear from Northwestern about funding at the beginning of the month, so I was worried when I didn't hear anything.

Hey everybody!

Has anyone heard from Northwestern about their first round of funding offers?

I haven't even heard a DECISION from Northwestern. SO FRUSTRATING! So, I'm guessing it will probably be a while until they decide on funding...

I actually feel better after reading this--I thought we were supposed to hear from Northwestern about funding at the beginning of the month, so I was worried when I didn't hear anything.

Ditto! Thought I was officially out of the running since I hadn't heard yet. Thanks for the info!

Trying to decide between Penn State and NYU...any opinions on one versus the other?

Since you're in-state, your entire Penn State education will cost less than one year at NYU.

If NYU gave you massive funding or you're a Powerball winner, then your choice is basically big program vs. small program, and State College vs. NYC.

I had posted before asking about waitlist length. I no longer need to worry about that (thankfully!). I was accepted to Ithaca College, as was my friend with whom I applied. Interesting twist: I have just been accepted from the waitlist at Bowling Green SU WITH FUNDING ... my friend is still waitlisted there as far as we know. So, as I am an 'international' student being from Canada, funding is a huge incentive for attending BGSU. However, having a friend from home with whom I can find an apartment is also a huge incentive for attending Ithaca. Initially, Ithaca was my second choice, and BGSU was my third. Any thoughts???

So on Monday night I found out I got accepted into CSU Fullerton! Got denied from all other schools I applied to (CSU LA, CSU Long Beach, SDSU, Chapman University, University of Redlands, Loma Linda University). Was a little bummed, but so incredibly happy just to be in a program... we all know how crazy impacted this field has become. Congrats to all that got have been accepted, and good luck to those still waiting!

So on Monday night I found out I got accepted into CSU Fullerton! Got denied from all other schools I applied to (CSU LA, CSU Long Beach, SDSU, Chapman University, University of Redlands, Loma Linda University). Was a little bummed, but so incredibly happy just to be in a program... we all know how crazy impacted this field has become. Congrats to all that got have been accepted, and good luck to those still waiting!

I still have not heard from CS Fullerton. Did you get an update on the online status or an email/phone call/letter? I already accepted one offer from somewhere else but I would still like to know if it is an option, ya know!?

Finally all of my passion, hard work and dedication has paid off. After years of trying to get into graduate school, I'm accepted! I could not be more EXCITED!! It's a dream come true for me!! I just wanted to post and tell people to not give up on pursuing your dream! Do everything you can to make yourself stand out! Gain clinical experience, go back to school, talk to Professors, make yourself stand out in any way possible because I promise you a school will believe in you and want to accept you! I seriously don't know how these schools make all these decisions with 200-400+ applicants and only 20-40 spots. So for those of you still waiting it out or haven't been accepted yet....Don't Give Up on your Dream! Don't take "NO" for answer. I didn't and it paid off!! I wish you all the best in this field. You may have take a different path to get there, but it's worth it and in the end it will make you a better person, more experienced clinician, and an exceptional graduate student! :D Keep your head up and believe in yourself that you can make your dreams possible!! :)

Finally all of my passion, hard work and dedication has paid off. After years of trying to get into graduate school, I'm accepted! I could not be more EXCITED!! It's a dream come true for me!! I just wanted to post and tell people to not give up on pursuing your dream! Do everything you can to make yourself stand out! Gain clinical experience, go back to school, talk to Professors, make yourself stand out in any way possible because I promise you a school will believe in you and want to accept you! I seriously don't know how these schools make all these decisions with 200-400+ applicants and only 20-40 spots. So for those of you still waiting it out or haven't been accepted yet....Don't Give Up on your Dream! Don't take "NO" for answer. I didn't and it paid off!! I wish you all the best in this field. You may have take a different path to get there, but it's worth it and in the end it will make you a better person, more experienced clinician, and an exceptional graduate student! :D Keep your head up and believe in yourself that you can make your dreams possible!! :)

Congratulations!!! :D

happily accepted UNH's ( my undergrad school) offer of first year tuition waiver plus stipend, now i just got word (off waitlist) from U of WI at Madison ( my first choice school)- in state tuition, no stipend.

have until next monday to decide...........any extra info about WI would be appreciated

happily accepted UNH's ( my undergrad school) offer of first year tuition waiver plus stipend, now i just got word (off waitlist) from U of WI at Madison ( my first choice school)- in state tuition, no stipend.

have until next monday to decide...........any extra info about WI would be appreciated

First of all, congrats on both of your acceptances! I'm just finishing up my undergrad in com dis at UW Madison and I absolutely love it here! The professors are fabulous and the town and campus are amazing! I was born and raised in Madison, always knowing I wanted to go to school here! It's a truly unique city! If it weren't for the fact that my fiance works in Illinois, I'd definitely love to stay here! Off to Northwestern for me, but I'll miss Madison (but we're keeping our season football tickets so we'll be coming back often!) Once you become a badger, you're a badger for life! Hope this helps even a little bit, and good luck making your decision!

Did anyone receive any funding from Northwestern?

I saw some people on the results listing for speech say that they got e-mails about it (even the people that were declined funding). I hadn't heard anything via e-mail, so I called and was told I wasn't awarded any funding either. Oh well. Just thought I'd let you know though so that maybe if you haven't received an e-mail yet, you can call too. I contacted Cindy Coy at 847-491-5073. Good luck!

I saw some people on the results listing for speech say that they got e-mails about it (even the people that were declined funding). I hadn't heard anything via e-mail, so I called and was told I wasn't awarded any funding either. Oh well. Just thought I'd let you know though so that maybe if you haven't received an e-mail yet, you can call too. I contacted Cindy Coy at 847-491-5073. Good luck!

Thanks for your response. I got an e-mail on the 16th saying no funding for me. I was just curious if anyone was getting anything and how much. Unfortunately, I declined their offer. I'm in NY so I'm choosing a school closer to home. Hope I'm making the right choice. Good luck to you!

First of all, congrats on both of your acceptances! I'm just finishing up my undergrad in com dis at UW Madison and I absolutely love it here! The professors are fabulous and the town and campus are amazing! I was born and raised in Madison, always knowing I wanted to go to school here! It's a truly unique city! If it weren't for the fact that my fiance works in Illinois, I'd definitely love to stay here! Off to Northwestern for me, but I'll miss Madison (but we're keeping our season football tickets so we'll be coming back often!) Once you become a badger, you're a badger for life! Hope this helps even a little bit, and good luck making your decision!

thanks for the info on Madison - I have never been there - so it was very helpful! Congrats to you too - Enjoy Northwestern !

Waiting patiently on San Jose State. The confirmation of a complete application from a few months ago said to wait to contact until the last week of April. Its my only application and hopefully I'll get some word soon.

Hey everyone! I found out today (by email) that I was accepted into the master's program for Speech Path. at University of North Texas in Denton. I'm definitely accepting the admission (unless I miraculously get accepted at San Jose State). Is anybody else planning on going to North Texas this fall?

I got rejected from San Jose State today by e-mail. :( I think my only hope is University of Hawaii...but I don't think I'll hear from them until some time in May (their apps weren't due until April 1st) so I'm going pretty crazy over here lol