GEM Fellowship 2018

CosmicLion

I received an email from GEM today saying that I did not receive a Full Fellowship, but am being recommended for the Associate one. The deadline to sign an offer with a University is April 25th, so there is not a lot of time to get it figured out. The university I've chosen to attend says "Willing to admit as GEM Fellow" next to it, so I'm hoping it just goes through.

Anyone else get a similar email today? Tips about asking for the Associate Fellowship?

@cabbysaurus I received the same email this morning; it also states that April 25 is the deadline to sign. I promptly reached out to my GEM school representative. They had already confirmed they would sponsor me as GEM Associate fellow, so I just let them know that they can now extend the contract in the GEM portal. An hour ago, my status changed to "Confirmed Pending Contract Review" (I didn't get an email when this happened; I just checked the portal). I don't know if GEM will send an email update once I am able to sign the contract in the portal, so I'll be checking daily for changes.

Edited by clevaLady

On 4/20/2018 at 4:52 PM, clevaLady said:

@cabbysaurus I received the same email this morning; it also states that April 25 is the deadline to sign. I promptly reached out to my GEM school representative. They had already confirmed they would sponsor me as GEM Associate fellow, so I just let them know that they can now extend the contract in the GEM portal. An hour ago, my status changed to "Confirmed Pending Contract Review" (I didn't get an email when this happened; I just checked the portal). I don't know if GEM will send an email update once I am able to sign the contract in the portal, so I'll be checking daily for changes.

It didn't send me an email when I was able to sign the contract, so I'd check for updates. As for reaching out @cabbysaurus I emailed the GEM representative for my university and asked (this was before the emails recommending you for the Associate/University Fellow went out).