I recently received my acceptance letters from the New School in New York and SAIC- Chicago. I had applied early admission for their undergrad fashion design programs, from India. 

Unfortunately, I was counting on a scholarship and I there has been no mention of any scholarship in either of my letters. So, there are a few questions I'd love to know the answers to- 

1. Do the scholarship applicants get to know if they've received anything after the regular applications have been processed as well?

2. I understand that as an international student on a student visa I can only work upto 20 or so hours a week, and i've been reading about work study opportunities, how are the two different, if they are?

3. Are there any art/ design scholarships that I can still apply to at this point of time that applies to international students?

4. Does the Indian Government give out scholarships?

5. Are there any places in the states where a loan can be taken for these colleges without a cosigner?

6. Are there any places in India where a loan this hefty can even be taken?

I carried out my entire application process entirely on my own so any information at all from someone who may or may not have gone through the same problems would be exceedingly helpful as it would be very disappointing to have to give up an opportunity like this.

• 4 weeks later...

You might have more luck at https://www.collegeconfidential.com/.  It's a mainly undergraduate forum.  Scholarship information may come later,  and I got my scholarship package a few months after admission.   I don't think you can get a loan in the states without a cosigner for the thousands of dollars you would need.   Federal work-study positions are for domestic students, and if you got a job (but I am not sure if you could on a visa) paying $8 an hour for 20 hours a week over a year would be $8320 a year.  Both of those schools are incredibly expensive, but there acceptances rates are average (66.6% for New school, 53% for SIAC).  You could probably get into and go to a cheaper school for half the cost (possibly even less).  Even if you could get a $200k loan for a degree there that is a lot of money.   If your plan is to stay in the US, it would be difficult to pay that much loans off working as a designer and you may have trouble getting a visa to work in the US.  You may have to turn the offers down.  

• 1 month later...