Emailing to Let POI Know You Submitted?

missfleur

Okay, so there has been one professor I've been in contact with that actually asked for my CV and said he looked forward to seeing my application. I submitted on the 14th of December. Would it be good or bad to email him to let him know I submitted and perhaps reassert interest? I don't want to come off as annoying but I also want to be put on the top of the pile/not forgotten about. I last spoke to my POI a month ago.

Edited by missfleur

What I did was email my POI telling them I sent the application and thanking for them for all the help they gave me in the process. Simple and quick to the point. 

However, if it's been weeks since you applied (if you applied the 14th of November), it might come across as you trying to basically get them to look at your application. I'd also advise if it's been that long (unless its the 14th of this month, in which case contacting them to inform them and thank them shouldn't be a problem). 

If it's still before the deadline, I don't see any problem letting a POI know you submitted and thanking them for all their help. I did that with all of the POI's I had extensive communication with and they sent me a quick thanks in reply. 

18 minutes ago, GreenEyedTrombonist said:

Eh, don't see an issue with it as long as you don't make the focus "I submitted my app and am looking for something from you."

Totally agree, just emailed but just said thank you and let them know I submitted. Also, I play trombone too! :)