MARCH IS IT!!!!

johndiligent

You guys are so lucky...you have been accepted somewhere. I do not have that privilege YET. 3 out of my 11/12 applications rejected me, and those are the only 3 that have decided....if I had at least one...my life would be so much better...and perhaps I could look forward to my birthday (towards the end of march)

I'm new here. I must say that I am relieved to have found a group going through the same things, as no one in my peer group here currently is.

I got my first rejection yesterday via email, and it is devastating. I stupidly only applied to two schools, a reach (which I have not heard back from at all, not a peep, despite my own email to check up on my application) and the school that rejecegtd me, which I really thought I had a good chance of getting into. It is extremely disheartening, and I do not know what I'll do for a year while I wait, especially as options to make my apps stronger for next year are limited (lack of jobs in the field in my area/maxing out my student loan availability and class options here to continue doing research). I am sort of at a loss right now. Thanks for listening.

Edited by jcsoc

I'm new here. I must say that I am relieved to have found a group going through the same things, as no one in my peer group here currently is.

I got my first rejection yesterday via email, and it is devastating. I stupidly only applied to two schools, a reach (which I have not heard back from at all, not a peep, despite my own email to check up on my application) and the school that rejecegtd me, which I really thought I had a good chance of getting into. It is extremely disheartening, and I do not know what I'll do for a year while I wait, especially as options to make my apps stronger for next year are limited (lack of jobs in the field in my area/maxing out my student loan availability and class options here to continue doing research). I am sort of at a loss right now. Thanks for listening.

dude, its never over till its over...don't curse yourself. Be hopeful. Have faith. For now, you are still in the game. I wish you the best. And if things don't work out as you would have liked them to this year; you can always apply next year. The world isn't going to end if you don't get in...it will hurt like hell (been there - last year), but if you hang in there; it will all work out. (about now knowing what to do for a year; have faith in yourself - after all, you cam this far - you can (&will figure it out).

Good luck. I wish you the best.

nice I always wanted to go there. Living there(school/work) or visiting? (if its not too personal lol)

I will have spent nearly a year here studying at the Sorbonne

Paris is the best city ever

Nevertheless, I am ready to move to Manhattan to attend NSSR, if they will just hurry up and send me my acceptance notification !!!!! :lol:

Paris is the best city ever

Nevertheless, I am ready to move to Manhattan to attend NSSR, if they will just hurry up and send me my acceptance notification !!!!! :lol:

lol I understand...I'm also ready to move to NY...as soon as Columbia/Cornell sends me my acceptance notification! God how I pray for that...

You guys are so lucky...you have been accepted somewhere. I do not have that privilege YET. 3 out of my 11/12 applications rejected me, and those are the only 3 that have decided....if I had at least one...my life would be so much better...and perhaps I could look forward to my birthday (towards the end of march)

I haven't got a single acceptance letter either. :( 5 out of 9 rejections is not a good track record. I just want one acceptance, and I will be over the moon.

I haven't got a single acceptance letter either. :( 5 out of 9 rejections is not a good track record. I just want one acceptance, and I will be over the moon.

I haven't got one either. I'm 4 out of 5 rejections. I only have one hope left, otherwise I'm in masters purgatory for another year. angry.gif

Wow...March is DEFINITELY not it for me, thought it was, but j/k. I got an accidental acceptance letter. You have no idea how happy I was after I have already been rejected from 2 other schools to finally get an acceptance somewhere. I notified everyone! I mean, for goodness sakes my facebook status was, peace out Ohio, i'm headed to Texas, only to have this school notify me a few days later that I should have never received the acceptance, they are "deeply sorry" and my name will be removed from their list. WOOOOW!!! Talk about having a dream ripped away!! March sucks...still 4 schools to go, we'll see...

Edited by glamgal198

Wow...March is DEFINITELY not it for me, thought it was, but j/k. I got an accidental acceptance letter. You have no idea how happy I was after I have already been rejected from 2 other schools to finally get an acceptance somewhere. I notified everyone! I mean, for goodness sakes my facebook status was, peace out Ohio, i'm headed to Texas, only to have this school notify me a few days later that I should have never received the acceptance, they are "deeply sorry" and my name will be removed from their list. WOOOOW!!! Talk about having a dream ripped away!! March sucks...still 4 schools to go, we'll see...

ohmy.gif That's AWFUL.

OMG!! That is terrible.

That is truly horrible! I'm sorry to hear. Hopefully some good news is on its way to you soon!

Wow...that really sucks. That happened to my friend. They accepted him first, then sent another notice that he was rejected, and finally a few days later sent another email that said he was accepted for sure.

Wow...that really sucks. That happened to my friend. They accepted him first, then sent another notice that he was rejected, and finally a few days later sent another email that said he was accepted for sure.

If I were that friend, I would make sure that I would reject the offer, unless that was the only one coming through. It's almost as if they were playing with his emotions!

March has been very good to me so far 2 out of 2 acceptances! I'm so overjoyed that I actually have choices and now get to spend time traveling to the universities! My plan to aim for very low tiered schools worked! I'm sending out my luck to you all!

I'm actually convinced by what some posters wrote about being positive. The very beginning of March I decided to get back my old life and everything has gotten much better! I sort of forgot about all the waiting and obsessed less and it turned out for the better so far! Feburary was horrible for me although luckily I didn't hear back from anyone at that time. So try being a positive as you can since it might pay off!

If I were that friend, I would make sure that I would reject the offer, unless that was the only one coming through. It's almost as if they were playing with his emotions!

There was actually a problem with the LOR. They accepted him first, but had to reject him because they required 3 LORs. They found the 3rd LOR and said they can finally take him. I think it's stupid to do that too.

That's my nightmare. I sort of wish that schools were forced to honour it if they accidentally extended an offer of admission.

There was actually a problem with the LOR. They accepted him first, but had to reject him because they required 3 LORs. They found the 3rd LOR and said they can finally take him. I think it's stupid to do that too.

LOR or no LOR, I think it was pretty lousy. They could at least have said that they did not receive the 3rd LOR, or that it was pending all 3 LORs. Thank goodness for internet LORs, at least you can prove that all 3 were sent!

LOR or no LOR, I think it was pretty lousy. They could at least have said that they did not receive the 3rd LOR, or that it was pending all 3 LORs. Thank goodness for internet LORs, at least you can prove that all 3 were sent!

true, thank god for the internet. The 'I didn't get it" line can't fly anymore.

What happening? The first haft of March had already passed. No admission so far for me.

I don't want to join the April camp.

Good luck to all!

Yes. March has been scarily quiet so far. Please please please let everything be mostly settled before April.

I know a lot of people have already commented on this story- but WOW! That is so awful. It deserves to be commented on again