"Professional" Letters of Recommendation?

LauraV

Ok so 1 school in the state I wish to attend in states, "provide 3 Letters of Recommendation" and the other, "provide 3 professional letters of recommendation."

Ok, I'm an artist, and this is about art. Am I really expected to have 3 professional letters from employers/art galleries, etc... for my art?

I'm a stock artist, most of my art is sold self employed through websites. I cannot get professional web site mgr.s to give me recommendations.

I really want to be accepted at this second school, but I'm uncertain they will accept professors letters of recommendations at all?

I am asking 3 profs., and 1 art gallery Dir, and hoping to get the Art Gallery Dir., and 2 Profs. to agree to write them for me. (sigh).

Two thoughts: (a) write the school directly and ask what kind of letters they'll accept. (b) you can only do what you can do. If you don't have three professional letters (which seems reasonable and probably the case for most people), go with what you have.