Canadian Masters in English Lit

Waitlisted at UBC for the MA program! To be expected since it’s not the greatest fit. Will be emailing McGill again today since that’s the program I really hope to hear back from.

Edited by writethebeats

The Graduate Coordinator at McGill emailed me again today (by mistake I think, since she already responded to my email). She said that often the applications are still listed as "submitted" and not "under review" even though they are actually under review. She said Phd McGill applicants would hear back "soon". Lol. She said that all applications are now under review. 

8 hours ago, WhatIsSleep said:

Me too!! I'm early modern -- what are you researching? I'm SO happy. :)
Congratulations to you, and to me, and fingers crossed for those still waiting! 

Congrats to you too! I’m in Romantic/Victorian lit. ? 

Has anyone received official rejections from UBC? Or have only the acceptances gone out? 

Accepted to Western for PhD, via email. Now I have to start taking the decision making process seriously. I want parts of all the programs ...

I think most people here are waiting on UBC and McGill ... they seem to have sent rejections out first? Anyway, this is going on long now and we're all worn out. I really hope you get news today, or at the very least, this week. Fingers crossed for good news!!! 

15 minutes ago, WhatIsSleep said:

Accepted to Western for PhD, via email. Now I have to start taking the decision making process seriously. I want parts of all the programs ...

I think most people here are waiting on UBC and McGill ... they seem to have sent rejections out first? Anyway, this is going on long now and we're all worn out. I really hope you get news today, or at the very least, this week. Fingers crossed for good news!!! 

I think they did do a process of elimination/ranking type deal, from what I gather...

Also question to all of you - is it bad form/annoying to email the graduate coordinator a second time with a request for a date of results when the initial date given has passed (twice now)? My other offer deadlines are rapidly approaching.....

3 hours ago, RainDays said:

Also question to all of you - is it bad form/annoying to email the graduate coordinator a second time with a request for a date of results when the initial date given has passed (twice now)? My other offer deadlines are rapidly approaching.....

I would say it's definitely not frowned upon. I emailed twice in two weeks and the DGS was extremely sweet about it. I also emailed the head of the graduate department at McGill about funding and received the most pleasant personalized response directly referencing my application documents and previous work.

8 hours ago, olfactory said:

Has anyone heard back from U of T for their MA yet? I'm an international student & worried about how slim my chances are, but still... 

I heard back on Monday with an offer for admission via email. I hope you get good news soon!