Columbia Application Status Form

American in Beijing

I just checked Columbia's website for the fiftieth time, and on the Application Status Form page under the Downloadable Forms list there's a line that says: "Status Department." It used to be blank, but as of around 30 min. - 1 hour ago it says "Complete ______ ENOYES".

Does anyone have any idea what it could mean? Could anyone who's been admitted or rejected by Columbia please help me out?

Mine changed, too, but it doesn't say "ENOYES" (but what it does say doesn't make much more sense)

if anyone has any idea whether having something in this spot means anything, I'm also interested in knowing...

eta:

actually, after closer inspection, I think that STATUS and AT DEPARTMENT are two different 'columns'

the Complete probably refers to the fact that the application is complete (and all items are in)

and the second part should probably just say YES meaning, yes it is at the department.

I'm guessing the ENO is a typo of some sort...

Edited by Kam

Which Columbia school are you referring to? I applied to teachers college, the application was down all day, now when I log on I can no longer click on anything. I used to be able to click on application status, housing etc.

I'm applying to the GSAS, Department of History.

And it does seem to be Complete Enough for Review . . . but why is that changing just now? My department's pretty much done with admissions decisions, I think.

I checked my status too after reading your post. Mine says COMPLETE YES (instead of ENOYES). I am sure it didn't say that yesterday when I last checked. I hope that doesn't mean they are only beginning to review the applications now. I applied to the school of sociomedical sciences.

And it does seem to be Complete Enough for Review . . . but why is that changing just now? My department's pretty much done with admissions decisions, I think.

Ok thanks... Hmmm... I hate waiting! :/ good luck everyone!

I cant believe this. are they just reviewing it now? I asked this same question on the results page and someone came back with the reply "ENO = Entry Not Offered" period. I wish people wouldn't post things there are not sure about and make it sound as if they're completely sure. Its not fair considering how nervous everyone is

Mine says Complete - Yes.

They're changing it only now, because they're just very slow. They updated the status of my transcripts after 1 month, while they had them even before I submitted my application.

I cant believe this. are they just reviewing it now? I asked this same question on the results page and someone came back with the reply "ENO = Entry Not Offered" period. I wish people wouldn't post things there are not sure about and make it sound as if they're completely sure. Its not fair considering how nervous everyone is

That's just silly....if it meant "entry not offered" then why on earth would it then be passed on to the department? That would be a complete waste of time. PLEASE. Ignore that idea entirely. If you right click on the "eno" it gives you the option to define "enough" and if you cut and past into a word document it says a whole phrase - "complete enough for review". They've just gotten through the GSAS bureaucracy and are at the departments for consideration. Relax, and remember - they got thousands of applications. It takes a while to follow the paper trail and make sure all of the ducks are in a row. add crappy weather and delays, and you get a slightly later decision.

For my part, I'm just going to focus on my work and have a glass of wine. :)

If the various departments knew the extent to which we're all engaged in what basically amounts to reading the entrails (with an equal degree of predictive accuracy), I wonder what they'd think? Heh.

*bites nails also*

Arg! Just got an email from Columbia, they nearly gave me a heart attack! It just says that they have upgraded their application system and reminded me of my username.... I already know my username... Thanks Columbia... Anyone else get this?

I got this too. Doesn't look like anything's been updated for me...

• 1 year later...

Has anyone heard back from Columbia? I'm still awaiting my reply... Do we just keep checking our online status?

Nothing!! I am starting to go crazy--I need to make a decision soon and I feel like I can't move forward with the decision-making process until I know. As far as I can tell they usually email instead of updating the status online...it seems that it's just more of a way for us to double check that we got everything in.

I'm still waiting to hear from Columbia's anthropology department. I saw on the results board that some people have been "rejected via website" but there doesn't seem to be any information about my application other than that it has been submitted. I also saw that admission offers were communicated by phone several weeks ago to the phd program in anthropology. My expectations are low for admission at this point, but I want to know for sure that I have been rejected before I sign the paperwork to commit to another program. I'm having a hard time waiting because I really want to accept my offer at another university, but I can't bring myself to do so until I KNOW Columbia's out of the running (since it was one of my top choices).

This is the last program I'm waiting on, so I know I should find some reserves of patience in myself, but I'm afraid they've been all used up by the whole application process. I'll be so happy when I hear from Columbia because then it will be OVER!