Anyone else applying to these programs?

Ilikekitties

Maybe we can be "waiting buddies" or something haha.

This year I applied to:

University of Maryland, applied anthro MA

University of South Florida, applied anthro MA

Oregon State, applied anthro MA

Mississippi State, anthro MA w/ applied focus

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2018 at 12:19 PM, Jonthropology said:

I applied to the University of South Florida. The deadline was the earliest (Dec 15), so I’m hoping to hear something back soonish! I applied to 6 other MA programs as well.

Good luck!

Where else did you apply if you don't mind my asking? I'm also bioarch, but I'm not applying for PhD until next Fall since I have another year left in my MA program.

21 minutes ago, bioarch_fan said:

Where else did you apply if you don't mind my asking? I'm also bioarch, but I'm not applying for PhD until next Fall since I have another year left in my MA program.

This year, just MSU, Oregon State, Maryland, and USF.

43 minutes ago, socioculturalpath said:

Anyone applying to UCLA, UT Austin, CUNY or Johns Hopkins? I haven't seen anyone talk about them really

I'm applying to Johns Hopkins! From past years, it looks like we should probably not expect to hear anything until about mid-February, so I'm just sitting on my hands. 

On 1/29/2018 at 2:58 PM, Jonthropology said:

@bioarch_fan I also applied to:

LSU, UMASS-Amherst, CSU-Chico, University of Colorado-Boulder, University of West Florida, and University of Pittsburgh. All MA programs. 

Oh awesome! Good luck! UWF is the only school out of the ones you listed that I applied to. I wanted to work with Kristina Killgrove. But U Pitt and UMass-Amherst are both on my list for PhD programs.

On 1/30/2018 at 11:45 PM, osteophile said:

Bioanth/Bioarchaeology: Purdue, UNReno, UNLV, Ohio State, Oklahoma. 

All are amazing schools! My advisor is really good friends with Christina Warinner from Oklahoma. And I almost applied to Reno but decided to get my MA first...I kind of wish I would have at least tried to apply straight to their PhD program though. One of our current profs here studied at UNLV under Deb Martin, so we have close ties to that program (one of our current MA students also went to UNLV for undergrad).

Hello,

I'm new to Grad Cafe, but from reading other posts, the community on here seems great!

I'm playing the waiting game right now, but I'm curious, is anyone else applying to do paleogenomics?

I've applied into the Anth/Bio Anthro programs at four schools that I know have aDNA dedicated labs.

Just wondering if there are others out there (undergrads attending grad school Fall 2018), as it isn't a very common field for people to get involved in until grad school usually.

16 minutes ago, genesandbones said:

Hello,

I'm new to Grad Cafe, but from reading other posts, the community on here seems great!

I'm playing the waiting game right now, but I'm curious, is anyone else applying to do paleogenomics?

I've applied into the Anth/Bio Anthro programs at four schools that I know have aDNA dedicated labs.

Just wondering if there are others out there (undergrads attending grad school Fall 2018), as it isn't a very common field for people to get involved in until grad school usually.

Hiya! Some of my applications are in at programs for aDNA, but I'm not coming from undergrad. 

41 minutes ago, Indiana_Bones said:

Hiya! Some of my applications are in at programs for aDNA, but I'm not coming from undergrad. 

Ok, I was just curious.  It's such a hot field but I am the only one from my undergraduate University (a small university) doing aDNA and I presented at a small regional conference in November and no undergrads there were doing aDNA related studies either.