Rangel or Pickering Fellowship 2019

m7752ne

18 hours ago, yucateco said:

Hey good people,

Am assuming that a green tick is an indication that a tab is complete. Should I worry that I don't have one on employment even though I completed it? 

Regards

I have a green check mark for that section double check it again. Did you fill out the responsibilities box for each entry? Also at the top when you select the amount of entries make sure you complete that number. So if you selected 8 experiences fill out 8 separate entries. 

On 9/3/2018 at 9:54 PM, m7752ne said:

I have a green check mark for that section double check it again. Did you fill out the responsibilities box for each entry? Also at the top when you select the amount of entries make sure you complete that number. So if you selected 8 experiences fill out 8 separate entries. 

Hey thank you. It's all good now. This is incredibly stressful. I can't wait to submit it and move onto the stressful world of grad school apps lol 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, danielbrayhast said:

Just submitted my application a few minutes ago. The anxiety of putting the application together has given way to the anxiety of waiting for a response. Best of luck to all who have applied! 

Thank you good luck to you too! 

• 3 weeks later...

8 more days until Rangel notifies us! Hopefully I won't check my email too many times on the 17th...for my own sanity...

By the way, how close do we expect the finalist pools to be between Rangel and Pickering? Apparently Pickering has more of a history of taking grads vs. Rangel taking seniors, but with the changes in program admin. and numbers of students who receive Pickering changing, I wonder if those trends will continue. 

7 hours ago, Theevidentevaluator said:

8 more days until Rangel notifies us! Hopefully I won't check my email too many times on the 17th...for my own sanity...

By the way, how close do we expect the finalist pools to be between Rangel and Pickering? Apparently Pickering has more of a history of taking grads vs. Rangel taking seniors, but with the changes in program admin. and numbers of students who receive Pickering changing, I wonder if those trends will continue. 

8 days? The website says they will choose finalists by the end of October. Was there something I missed?

10 hours ago, alee8001 said:

Caught me by surprise too, but checked their website and looks like they’ll be sending out notifications on Oct. 18: https://www.rangelprogram.org/resources-for-advisors/

Yeah, I saw that page about a week ago when I was lurking their website. Rangel provides a specific date for notification but Pickering's is still listed as late October. 

2 hours ago, Theevidentevaluator said:

Yeah, I saw that page about a week ago when I was lurking their website. Rangel provides a specific date for notification but Pickering's is still listed as late October. 

Actually, if you go over to Pickering's website under the same Rangel category 'advisor resources,' they give an Oct. 26 notification date: https://pickeringfellowship.org/resources/advisor-resources/

29 minutes ago, Theevidentevaluator said:

Oh, fantastic! Thanks for pointing that out!

Sure! 

On 10/9/2018 at 11:43 AM, Theevidentevaluator said:

I also wonder about the points you made above. I'm afraid I don't have much insight. A previous Pickering fellow did let me know regarding fellow profiles, that Rangel seems to assemble cohorts consisting primarily of people of color, whereas Pickering tends to lean more towards diversity in broader terms. Of course, there's no way to know if this is intentional or just how pieces fall, but it will be interesting to see if that observation holds.

Anywhere from 12-48 hours left to hear from Rangel. Hope my heart palpitations aren't too bad whenever I open my inbox. ? 

One last good luck, all! And if you applied to both and receive a Rangel rejection, just remind yourself that there's still a possibility you'll receive a Pickering invitation in a week and a half. :)

Edited by Theevidentevaluator