Thanks for sharing! It's usually two days in the mail from Ottawa to Montreal so I guess that means I might be out of my misery by next Tuesday :)

Cassandra, I am hoping the same thing!! I work Tuesday so I don't know how I will be able to compose myself :P

Where do you studY?

Cassandra, I am hoping the same thing!! I work Tuesday so I don't know how I will be able to compose myself :P

Where do you studY?

You're lucky. You only have to compose yourself; I have to compose myself AND a major commission for a local orchestra. :/

Anyone hear from their dept. or school this afternoon?!

Nope. Officially, they aren't supposed to let us know even when they do know. I suspect my department may have heard something yesterday but who knows. Hang in there - the end is in sight!

I study at McGill; what about you?

Edited by CassandraC

Nope. Officially, they aren't supposed to let us know even when they do know. I suspect my department may have heard something yesterday but who knows. Hang in there - the end is in sight!

I study at McGill; what about you?

I am also @ McGill :)

Just in time, as I am wasting some hours in an airport after a delayed flight. Finally returning to "my" side of the country. Should have several weeks worth of snail-mail piled up when I get home, but still have to wait at least two more days for SSHRC results to show up. Whyyyyyy doesn't Canada Post work on Sundays? Geez. lol :P

von Dracula makes a great point. Had'nt thought of Saturday delivery. That might make it arrive Monday in NYC or Tuesday...

But does Canada Post work on Saturdays? I doubt there was enough time for it to get into America's postal system by the weekend if the letters were only sent out on Friday afternoon...guess we'll see soon enough.

But does Canada Post work on Saturdays? I doubt there was enough time for it to get into America's postal system by the weekend if the letters were only sent out on Friday afternoon...guess we'll see soon enough.

Canada Post works around the clock seven days per week. It's only the letter carriers and parcel delivery that is only Mon-Fri. So the letters from SSHRC have a pretty good chance of making it to their appropriate cities or at least being sorted into their appropriate cities over the weekend. But the people who work in the mail processing plants often work midnights and weekends.

Canada Post works around the clock seven days per week. It's only the letter carriers and parcel delivery that is only Mon-Fri. So the letters from SSHRC have a pretty good chance of making it to their appropriate cities or at least being sorted into their appropriate cities over the weekend. But the people who work in the mail processing plants often work midnights and weekends.

Thanks for the info.

Ugh, I could barely sleep last night because of the possibility of receiving the letter today. Not just that, but when I did drift off my sleep was filled with dreams of getting departmental notification, or of being waitlisted, and other SSHRC-related things.

Oh, how I long for the dreams where I'm just being chased down an endless tunnel.

Edited by Compoe