Stanford

t_ruth

come out come out wherever you are you rogue Stanford Ed acceptance on the results board!

we all want to know at least what program it is...

(thought this might get your attention more than a few buried posts in the big ed thread)

Oh I applied to UCLA's Student Affairs Program. haha. I was just curious because I was also an undergraduate at UCLA and was a research assistant for a project where the PI is a faculty member for the PSE program - but her research interests are more about motivation, ethnicity, and gender. I've never met Connie but have heard good things about her and her lab is actually right next to the one that I worked in. Good luck! I love LA and miss it dearly.

Hi Everyone! Anyone heard anything from Stanford? I got an email today with an unfortunately in it :( Oh well. I applied to the Curriculum and Teacher Education Program, History concentration. Anyone else out there apply to that program? If so, did you get in? I am really really curious about what Stanford looks for.

Yup, got a rejection email this morning too. Not a surprise - knew it was a long shot because I wasn't sure they had a faculty match for my interests. I applied to Administration & Policy Analysis PhD.

Lovely way to start the week, though. :roll:

ditto. I'm also going to blame it on bad match because I'm otherwise incredibly awesome ;)

btw, who the heck sends emails 2am Monday morning (or I guess it was 11pm Sunday night for them)?

Oh... Stanford says no to me, too. How can they do that? It hurts. One of my professors once told me that they serve really great meals at Stanford cafeteria. Guess I have no chance to have a taste of it. Sigh.

I apply to the Ph.D. program in Learning Sciences and Technology Design.

BTW, I am wondering if you guys e-mailed your potential advisors before you wrote your SOP? Or, did you just list their names on it without discussing with them before? Is it necessary to do so? I really want to know. Maybe I am so naive for this application task. :lol:

Did everyone get an email today? Did you NOT check the "master's" box option? I haven't heard anything so I'm wondering if I was just put into a master's pile.

I didn't check Masters.

Did everyone get an email today? Did you NOT check the "master's" box option? I haven't heard anything so I'm wondering if I was just put into a master's pile.

Hi jpark,

No, I didn't check the master's option for Stanford, but I did do so for Harvard. Good luck!!!

I talked to Kelly Britt yesterday, Admissions Officer for SUSE. She said that they were handling separately the PhD apps that had checked the MA option. I asked if it would be reasonable to assume that one had not been admitted to the PhD program at this point if we had not heard and she said she could not say that because they are handling the apps in a different manner this year and that particular group is being sorted separately. She also seemed to think that if you had not checked the MA option that you should have heard via email the decision at this point. If you haven't, I would suggest calling to see what's happening. Good luck, everyone!

From the SUSE Website:

How/ When will I be notified of the Admission Committee's decision?

The Academic Services office will mail decision letters for Ph.D. applicants starting February 25, 2009. The decision letters for STEP applicants will be sent starting on March 2, 2009, and the decision letters for all other M.A. applicants will be sent starting on March 11, 2009.

I'm also in the 'still waiting to hear' camp. And I didn't check the MA box. I'm increasingly getting the feeling that that I should have heard from someone by now if I had been accepted. Sigh. Has anyone else gotten more info? I applied to Educational Psychology.

I'm also in the 'still waiting to hear' camp. And I didn't check the MA box. I'm increasingly getting the feeling that that I should have heard from someone by now if I had been accepted. Sigh. Has anyone else gotten more info? I applied to Educational Psychology.

I was an ed psych applicant. Maybe you are on an unofficial waiting list? Perhaps it is worth giving them a call...

I'd also check your spam filters :(