The Waiting Game - Fall 2014

monfemme

Anyone out there still waiting to hear back? Aside from my two waitlists, I'm still waiting on CUNY... Haven't heard a thing from them.

I cannot believe April starts on Tuesday... I'm moving very, very far in four months, but I have no idea where yet.

Anyone out there still waiting to hear back? Aside from my two waitlists, I'm still waiting on CUNY... Haven't heard a thing from them.

I cannot believe April starts on Tuesday... I'm moving very, very far in four months, but I have no idea where yet.

I'm still waiting on the University of West Florida and noticed in the past people hadn't heard back until April 5...

Holy Universe I cannot believe that they keep people waiting this long. Hugs and major solidarity for everyone still waiting. Keep us posted, and hoping the best for y'all!

Anyone waiting on WSU: This person just declined an offer from Washington yesterday!! Crossing my fingers for you!!! (This was in the decision thread)

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

It's official! I accepted at UNLV, and declined at WSU. I let all my POIs know, and my WSU POI was really happy for me and my choice to attend UNLV, and totally understood that it was the best decision for my family. Since I've made this decision I have been very, very much looking forward to moving to a new city (I was dreading moving to Pullman), and have been really happy overall  :)

Edited by ecologaia

ecologaia- It really is frustrating. I could end this whole thing with ONE EMAIL, but I can't part with the idea that just maaaaaaaaaaaybe Texas State pulls through with a better offer. At this point I'd take a rejection just so I could be done with it all!

Haven't we reached the point where it's acceptable for us to contact schools who haven't contacted us?

When I called U of T to ask about my status, I said "I have another offer that expires soon, and I don't want to accept that offer without knowing the status of my application at U of T." The administrator immediately checked my status and let me know that I was admitted over the phone. From what I can tell, if a school has decided that they want you, the last thing they want is to lose out on a high-quality applicant because they didn't let that applicant know in time.

It's April. If you're in doubt, just call the department. The worst thing they can say is that you have been rejected, which means that you can start making other plans. And if you have been waitlisted, then at least you'll be able to relax a bit, since you likely won't hear back until sometime around the 15th.

Edited by Kaitri

I am still on the Rutgers wait list, though I'm not holding out a lot of hope.  I've been interviewing for jobs to start after I finish my MA and applied for a 1-year MA in Bioethics in case I don't have a full time option come the end of July...I want to move forward, but the outstanding wait list possibility, even one so small, is making it hard!

Anyone else on the wait list at Rutgers?  I think it's a pretty big list.  I was told not to expect any news until around April 15.

Haven't we reached the point where it's acceptable for us to contact schools who haven't contacted us?

When I called U of T to ask about my status, I said "I have another offer that expires soon, and I don't want to accept that offer without knowing the status of my application at U of T." The administrator immediately checked my status and let me know that I was admitted over the phone. From what I can tell, if a school has decided that they want you, the last thing they want is to lose out on a high-quality applicant because they didn't let that applicant know in time.

It's April. If you're in doubt, just call the department. The worst thing they can say is that you have been rejected, which means that you can start making other plans. And if you have been waitlisted, then at least you'll be able to relax a bit, since you likely won't hear back until sometime around the 15th.

I started asking for updates end of March...yes, I would start contacting them now. I've already asked for an update and was given updates and even told there would be more next week.

I've emailed UCLA, and so have other students that I know on the wait list, and we haven't received any responses yet. I am assuming that now that UCLA is back from break and starting their Spring quarter that decisions could be finalized next week. Since it's a public school I am also thinking that some funding had to be sorted out before more folks could be let in. I don't want to be pesky so I won't be contacting them again until after April 15th. I have started to make some plans for Fall, but they are all tentative at this point. Let's hope we hear some good news this week!

Still waiting to hear from UBC's MA program. When I e-mailed a week and a half ago they told me that decisions would be out by the end of the month. The later it gets the more I'm convinced that I've been rejected. Gah! 

Should I even wait for Texas State? I have a really generous offer from LSU that I don't think Texas State could top (full tuition + Stipend). I haven't received much in terms of funding from the other programs so I doubt I'd receive much (if anything) from Texas State if I got in. I don't know. Maybe I'm being irrational. I'm just tired of not having something set in stone.

King- What are you goals and research priorities?

NVM. Got my answer last night around 10. Rejected from Texas State <_<. It really doesn't bother me though! :lol:

Congrats to those that got in! I have several friends there and have done a few workshops, so I can say the program and facilities are exceptional.

ENJOY CENTRAL TEXAS!

geek- It was definitely up there! haha. I'm just a native Texan so I was looking forward to staying here a little. I'm actually very excited about LSU. It's a great fit and I have some really great opportunities available.