Anyone apply for Fall 2014 Aerospace?

clandry

Saw couple of admissions in the results page for Michigan MSE on 17th March. I have not received any notification, what about the rest of you? Smells like a reject :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw couple of admissions in the results page for Michigan MSE on 17th March. I have not received any notification, what about the rest of you? Smells like a reject :D

I also applied for PhD to Michigan Aerospace. I have received no notification so far. As you say, it smells like reject..

I also applied for PhD to Michigan Aerospace. I have received no notification so far. As you say, it smells like reject..

UMich PhD aero visit weekend was last week (about 12 people visited). Acceptance rate was less than 10% this year. 

Statistically, about 2/3 people accept their offers, so I assume there may still be space available after people reject. 

UMich PhD aero visit weekend was last week (about 12 people visited). Acceptance rate was less than 10% this year. 

Statistically, about 2/3 people accept their offers, so I assume there may still be space available after people reject. 

Thank you very much for the information. Is 12 people for a visit day not too low? I thought UMich Aero was a much larger department. 

Thank you very much for the information. Is 12 people for a visit day not too low? I thought UMich Aero was a much larger department.

some admitted people didn't go to visit. I think they accepted around 20. They also stated they were being more selective this year than in previous years. Last years acceptance rate was 13% from like 300 apps Edited by clandry

The numbers you refer to are for Phd applicants right? U have any idea about MSE?

Yeah PhD. Also, it's my friend who visited, not me. He said he didn't meet a single MSE student. They don't seem to focus on MSE, it seems. 

Hi everyone !

I recently got admitted at CalTech, for fall 2014 in Aerospace MSc. Is there by any chance someone here from CalTech and that could give me some piece of advice about housing and more general tips. Actually, it will be the first time I set foot in the United States, so I guess I have a lot to learn from you guys !

Thanks

Does anyone know the status of Georgia Tech and UT Austin Aerospace PhD applications?

I am admitted by UT Austin Aerospace. I have received my decision around late February. 

I also applied to UT Austin for a PhD in Aerospace. I was instead offered a coursework only masters with no funding, even though I already have a MS from Purdue.

I was notified via email March 17.

Heard today that I was rejected from Michigan Aerospace today from their PhD but was offered admission to the MSE program. This was my only aerospace app since I applied Mechanical everywhere else.

Heard today that I was rejected from Michigan Aerospace today from their PhD but was offered admission to the MSE program. This was my only aerospace app since I applied Mechanical everywhere else.

Did they send an e-mail or did you call them? I have received no notification from them...

Buddy, are you from United States?

Yes I am from the US and I got an email.

Buddy, will you accept the Michigan Aerospace? If not, would it be possible for you to decline this admission a little bit faster? Michigan is my last chance and I can't miss it, please! Many Thanks:)

BTW, do you know other applicant who receive that PhD to MSc email?

Best

I'm pt retry sure MSE doesn't have a wait list so him rejecting wont help u

That's a sad story indeed, but it seems UMich Aerospace hasn't finished the MSc sending yet? Cuz last week I got an email from graduate chair to say that there "might be" a master for me and I "should here this soon"

I have yet to receive notification from umich regarding the masters:) From what I have seen they send mass admits and then rejections come like later in april. 

I have yet to receive notification from umich regarding the masters:) From what I have seen they send mass admits and then rejections come like later in april.

Same here for PhD.. Will probably hear after April 10th..

Well I think I have very low chances for their MSE at this point because its very late, I have already almost made a decision. Are you in contact with your POI? Its pretty weird you have not heard an answer yet for Phd but they will probably offer you MSE spot if you dont get admit for Phd so hang in there :)

Edited by Ezy

Well I think I have very low chances for their MSE at this point because its very late, I have already almost made a decision. Are you in contact with your POI? Its pretty weird you have not heard an answer yet for Phd but they will probably offer you MSE spot if you dont get admit for Phd so hang in there :)

I was in contact with a POI and he told me that the only way would be departmental fellowships, since he does not have any grant available. Two days ago I sent an e-mail to him, and the department. Silence up to now. 

Anyway, life goes on, and I am very lucky to have other offers. I almost made a decision and will send it on Monday.

Edited by tuschu