Fall 2015 Applicants

Anyone claiming the UC San Diego bioarch acceptance???

Now I'm getting anxious. Three schools in the past few days have been beginning to send out more decisions...NYU, UCLA, and now UCSD  :unsure:

That was me! 

Anyone that heard from UCLA in the bio anth subfield?? Heard they were reviewing applications around the 30th, nothing sense then. This time last year was when they sent out email acceptances.

Their funding is indeed in shambles. Who did you apply to work with? Langlitz is great. Hirschfeld seems okay.

I haven't applied, but their program looks super ace and the faculty really good so if I have no luck this round I'll definitely apply...

I haven't applied, but their program looks super ace and the faculty really good so if I have no luck this round I'll definitely apply...

Beware, one must first earn an MA at NSSR and only after the fact reapply for the PhD. It's a pretty brilliant way to just get students to pay for the MA. 

Beware, one must first earn an MA at NSSR and only after the fact reapply for the PhD. It's a pretty brilliant way to just get students to pay for the MA. 

Yeah, I just noted this, but other threads on grad cafe seem to imply that there's decent tuition remission available for master's students (more so than other terminal master's programs). Well, the program looks hot so definitely worth some thought... 

Anyone want to claim CUNY result? Was it a mass email or individual?

Another one of my schools, with no email for me.  I'm dying here!  I feel like my possibilities are dwindling.

I wonder if there are professors who come here to read these threads and laugh at us?

Another one of my schools, with no email for me.  I'm dying here!  I feel like my possibilities are dwindling.

I wonder if there are professors who come here to read these threads and laugh at us?

I was just thinking about you Meglet! It's weird, isn't it? You can't really help but to take it personally! 

Dillwithit, do you know if their decisions will be continuing to be released over the course of the next week or so? What did their email say, if you don't mind me asking?

So the email was your typical acceptance email, no info on other applications.

"Congratulations! I am pleased to inform you that you have been admitted as a graduate student for Fall 2015 to the Ph.D. program in Anthropology majoring in Anthropology at the University of California, San Diego. As a leading institution for graduate studies, UC San Diego strives to attract and retain the best and the brightest graduate students from across the country and around the world. You have been selected from an elite group of applicants and it is our sincere hope that you will elect to join our campus community." 

I know they reviewed applications on 2/2 and decided who to admit then. I am not sure if they are still sending out emails. My status online has changed if that helps. My POI gave me a skype interview to tell me informally about my admittance and funding last week.

Got my first IN in today.... the joint program in Social Work & Anthropology at U. Michigan!

yeeeehaw. phone call from the SW dgs. I kept trying to sit down to talk with her and then leaping up, because I got too excited! 

here's hoping for more good new, for all y'all! 

So the email was your typical acceptance email, no info on other applications.

"Congratulations! I am pleased to inform you that you have been admitted as a graduate student for Fall 2015 to the Ph.D. program in Anthropology majoring in Anthropology at the University of California, San Diego. As a leading institution for graduate studies, UC San Diego strives to attract and retain the best and the brightest graduate students from across the country and around the world. You have been selected from an elite group of applicants and it is our sincere hope that you will elect to join our campus community." 

I know they reviewed applications on 2/2 and decided who to admit then. I am not sure if they are still sending out emails. My status online has changed if that helps. My POI gave me a skype interview to tell me informally about my admittance and funding last week.

Awesome, and congrats!! Thanks for the info.

Tiny rant: JUST SEND OUT NOTIFICATIONS!! SERIOUSLY, I KNOW YOU KNOW, JUST CALL! Okay, I'm done. I just keep looking at my list of silent schools and I may be going a little crazy.

Huge congrats everybody! So happy for

everyone!

Wanted to tell you fellow UCLA hopefuls: I called the dept. and talked to the secretary--she told me that notifications are NOT all sent out yet.  Anyone care to claim UCLA notifications so far and subfield?

Got my first IN in today.... the joint program in Social Work & Anthropology at U. Michigan!

yeeeehaw. phone call from the SW dgs. I kept trying to sit down to talk with her and then leaping up, because I got too excited! 

here's hoping for more good new, for all y'all! 

CONGRATS!! That is amazing. 

Hello all! I have not yet posted to the results page, but I have been accepted to UNC Chapel Hill (medical anthropology). I'm trying to determine who is interested in actually attending Chapel Hill because I'm interested on your thoughts on the school/program (and possibly your living/roommate situation).

Please reply or PM me. Thanks.

I had a phone interview with someone in the Anthropology department from the University of Virginia, but I haven't heard anything in 3 weeks (the interview was on January 24). I got some positive feedback and much enthusiasm from the professor, but radio silence since then. Has anyone heard anything from UVA?

When are Stanford, Northwestern, UC Berkeley and WashU sending out anything?

I'm thinking that's an "L" for Washu as well. I'm still hoping for some good news from somewhere next week.

I got an email from Stanford this past week saying that the department is really busy and it was sorry for responding so late to my email (I needed to change my phone number). That tells me that there is movement at Stanford and maybe we may hear something soon.