Elliott School 2015

How do you guys know suddenly today that you got in? No email for me or update on the portal.

I got an email with the subject "Elliott School Admissions Decision Now Available". It arrived at 9:47 AM Eastern Time....

Personal email on a Sunday? A Sunday? You're definitely getting funding! Good luck!

Thanks!I was shocked about that too and now have a good feeling about funding as well. Receiving such an email is also making me want to attend this program even more. Good luck to you as well!

I got in as well! I also received an email saying to check the portal, and I also didn't have anything about funding. I'm happy to hear that no one else heard about funding as well. People who got a phone call, did  y'all have anything about funding in your letter? I received my email at 8:55 am.

the letter says that for people who are offered a fellowship, you need to reply by april 15 but for those without funding offers, you need to deposit by may 2nd. my acceptance letter says i need to deposit by may 2nd so i'm guessing it means i wasn't offered a fellowship?

it's just so strange that they wouldn't release all admission decisions at once... 

do other schools do this? did they do this last year? 

All the schools that I have heard back from released their decisions at the same time. GWU broke that streak. Smh.

Called admissions and the guy said that they release decisions on a "case-by-case basis." They hope to have all decisions out "sometime this week."

Dude I talked to didn't seem particularly helpful, maybe somebody could try to get more out of em than I was able to.

the letter says that for people who are offered a fellowship, you need to reply by april 15 but for those without funding offers, you need to deposit by may 2nd. my acceptance letter says i need to deposit by may 2nd so i'm guessing it means i wasn't offered a fellowship?

I guess so too. But judging by this thread, even those who were called and told they were getting aid haven't heard anything about it, so no need to panic yet.

The only problem is that this is my last uni and I've got to hand in external scholarship applications very soon based on what I hear from GW. I wish they just gave it to you in one shot!

Yeah, considering that there are multiple people here who've been admitted to Fletcher/SAIS/SIPA, I'm confident it isn't just a reject batch coming out.

I got the same deadline. Anyone who has already heard back see anything different?

Yeah, considering that there are multiple people here who've been admitted to Fletcher/SAIS/SIPA, I'm confident it isn't just a reject batch coming out.

We'll see! In the meantime I've hooked up a spare keyboard so I can refresh twice as fast.

Edited by ir_gradstudent

Maybe it's based off the speific programs applied for within the Elliott School.  I applied to ITIP so I don't know if anyone else got a response from them yet.  i haven't but not worrying too much as many people didn't get responses till the end of this week during last year's cycle.

Got in, no word on funding, like everyone else. I didn't get a call or anything so I don't have my hopes up about a fellowship. Ah well, happy to have been accepted almost everywhere I applied, just not looking forward to the amount of debt I'll be in at graduation