Spring/Winter 2016 Applicants

Hi All,

This thread is devoted to the Spring/Winter 2016 applicants! Which schools have you applied to and why? Have you gotten responses back yet, and were they through email, voice, or mail? Why are you applying for Spring semester rather than Fall? These are just some ideas, let's get to know each other!

I am applying to Appalachian, Grand Valley State, Eastern Michigan, Central Florida, and Alabama A&M, because I was able to finish my undergraduate degree a semester early and I do not want to waste time. So far I have received no answers either way -_- but this week should be my week! 

Hope your application process went smoothly and you receive responses rapidly! 

I have my applications out to Eastern New Mexico University, University of Central Missouri, University of Louisiana, Kansas State University, and University of Northern Iowa for Spring of 2016. The reason that I'm applying is because I did not get in on my first application season. I'm praying this time around I'll have some different results!!! I don't think we'll be getting replies until October 15th at the earliest from what I've understood. I wish you the best of luck and I hope we both end up in grad school come January!

Hello , Dial1010USA , that's great ! Does she like it there ? What's the clinical exposure like ? Whatever information you can give me about it it would helpful 

Yes I'm just waiting for my official transcripts to come and I'm good to apply , hopefully by next week I should finish my application to CSU

Hi EmmyMac , thanks for the input. The reason I chose UTD was because of the overall experience they claim to provide. I'm really interested in adult disorders and if Fresno is  child oriented , I may have to question myself whether I should apply there or not. I'm also interested in Voice and Fluency disorders , does Fresno have a good set up/clinical exposure in these areas ? 

CCS, I sent you personal message when I responded couple days ago. We are not from Fresno and my daughter did not do her undergraduate from Fresno. Email me at dial1010usa@yahoo.com and I will forward your questions to my daughter. She is very busy with her grad studies.

Good Luck!

Oh congratulations on getting the interview !! One step closer to getting an admit :)  Actually I haven't applied to any of the schools you've applied to , so I guess will have to wait longer than you. And Dallas anyways is known for its late admits , so let's see .. Hopefully by Mid October things get clearer 

Any any idea when we should hear by ? It's only September but I'm really anxious :(

I feel the same way. Seems like most schools (for the spring) take about 2-6 weeks after receiving all of your documents. Most schools with early Sept. deadlines notify around Oct 15.

Isugirl that happened to me in the fall application, when I contacted Dr Stillman , he said that final transcripts will be needed only after you get an admit so that section needs to be ignored till you get accepted/rejected. But if you're still in doubt you can always speak to Dr Stillman. Hope this helps :) 

Isugirl that happened to me in the fall application, when I contacted Dr Stillman , he said that final transcripts will be needed only after you get an admit so that section needs to be ignored till you get accepted/rejected. But if you're still in doubt you can always speak to Dr Stillman. Hope this helps :) 

CalChi SLP you applied for last fall? Is this your second go around? Would you mind me asking your stats?

Hi Isugirl , yes this is my second time applying. Gre - 304 and Gpa - 3.85, I was wait listed for fall but the seats filled up. Though I've added more things on my application in terms of experience, re wrote my sop , got letters of recommendation from different people so  hopefully all this works in my favour. I loveeeee the program at UTD , it would be a dream come true if I got in , hopefully they see my passion through my application. All the best , October is arriving :)

Hi Isugirl , yes this is my second time applying. Gre - 304 and Gpa - 3.85, I was wait listed for fall but the seats filled up. Though I've added more things on my application in terms of experience, re wrote my sop , got letters of recommendation from different people so  hopefully all this works in my favour. I loveeeee the program at UTD , it would be a dream come true if I got in , hopefully they see my passion through my application. All the best , October is arriving :)

Best of luck to you!!! Did you ever visit before you applied?

Hi, everyone! I'm also applying for Spring 2016 admission because I'm graduating a semester early this December. I have 4 applications due October 1, and 1 due October 15. I'm just waiting on one of my professors to upload her recommendation letter, which is why I haven't submitted my applications yet;). I'm applying to St. John's University, CUNY Lehman, University of Rhode Island, University of Central Florida, and Kansas State University :D.

Edited by mpc28

I too am applying to CUNY Lehman for Spring 2016. Good luck to us both! 

I hope we are classmates! :D

Same to you! Thank you :DDo you know when Lehman begins asking applicants to come for interviews, if selected? I know they require an interview for applicants they like, but I'm not sure when they begin to send decisions out; if it's this month, or next month, etc?

I'm a little late to the party, but I thought I would say hi! I'm finishing my prereqs in December and didn't want to wait a whole 9 months to start grad school. I started posting more because I am now finished with my applications and have a bunch of free time.Good luck to everyone and I hope you get good news soon! 

Hi all!

I applied to three schools for spring 2016 --> UTD, Baylor University, and University of Central Florida. I am finishing my bachelors this fall, so I thought I might as well apply for spring!

I was just wondering if anyone knows if these schools will do interviews and when? I have been looking through the SLP forum but I couldn't find anything... :( I am actually attending and have lived in NY all my life so this whole process of applying to schools so far away is a bit exciting as well!

Thanks, and good luck to everyone!